Community Forum

Can't set recordings from stream app

Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't set recordings from Stream app

why am i not able to reply to certain threads?

New Poster

Scheduling a DVR recording when not at home using Roku?

Please explain how to schedule a DVR recording when not at home using Roku?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Scheduling a DVR recording when not at home using Roku?

Due to a judicial ruling, Comcast has disabled this feature. If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it’s available on XFINITY On Demand or, you can download the Xfinity Stream app on your Roku.

New Poster

Re: Scheduling a DVR recording when not at home using Roku?

I don't think you can anymore.  According to Xfinity stream app update last night, the ability to schedule or change DVR recordings can only be done through logging into your account from a PC or using your remote on the TV.  I have no idea why this change has been made but it is detrimental to Xfinity.  They have made several changes to the streaming app lately that have made it less than useful!

Regular Visitor

Why did Xfinity remove Recording from Website and Mobile Apps?

Today I logged in, to a message saying I had to basically be home in front of my TV to set a recording now, and that I couldn't do it from the Stream website or my phone app anymore.

I am upset at this functionality being taken away.  This was something I used regulary to schedule recordings on the go, when I wasn't going to make it home in time to watch live sports, etc...

Anyone have any idea as to why this was removed?  

I guess I will just start to record everything and muck up the cloud DVR servers some more.

Tags (2)
New Poster

Set Recording on X1 DVR when not home

I'm wondering is there anyway to set a recording for my X1 DVR when I'm not home?

Expert

Re: Can't set recordings from Stream app

@terag1e wrote:

why am i not able to reply to certain threads?

some threads are locked feel free to open a new one if a new one does not exist. it isn't blocked 'for you' it is locked for everyone.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: Set Recording on X1 DVR when not home

@Thofarran07 wrote:

I'm wondering is there anyway to set a recording for my X1 DVR when I'm not home?

currently if you have equipment in the home it is not possible. if you are an internet only customer and add instant TV you can record (cloud only).

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Re: False advertising regarding Xfinity Stream App

Don't feel bad because I am a regular Xfinity customer with an account that is both internet and TV and when I am working away from home I, too, am not allowed to watch most of the shows I want to on my laptop.  When I get tired of being treated this way I will cancel my whole account which we pay a lot to have.

Expert

@carpeljet wrote:

Don't feel bad because I am a regular Xfinity customer with an account that is both internet and TV and when I am working away from home I, too, am not allowed to watch most of the shows I want to on my laptop.  When I get tired of being treated this way I will cancel my whole account which we pay a lot to have.

you can watch any completed recordings and most of the on-demand library while out of the home. you can also view the 'TVgo' channels (look under live TV for the option). recordings can only be set on a set top box in the home at this time.

Frequent Visitor

and your "on demand" offering comes WITHOUT fast forward so MUST WATCH COMMERCIALS. Until this gets sorted out, why not offer every subscriber a $2 per month rebate OR remove your silly fast forward restrictions.  Most of us record and gain the benefit of fast forwarding the 2.5 minutes or more of commercials from the end of one segment to the beginning of another.  Unless I am mistaken, that is CLEARLY in your control, not TiVo's.  If we could watch 90% or more of what we wish, WITH fast forward and rewind enabled, this probably would not be nearly as big a deal.  Those that record "special events" are still left in the cold, but relative to YOUR proposed solution, those that record to watch later, from a remote location, could AT LEAST fast forward through the commercials.  This is YOUR problem, not ours.  Witness, DISH and DirecTV having already paid the licensing fee (which YOU could do immediately and make this problem disappear, but choose NOT TO and rather pay expensive legal fees and court costs to APPEAL, which THEORETICALLY is already in our exhorbitant monthly fees that you command.

PAY THE LICENSE AND SATISFY YOUR CUSTOMERS!!

Expert

@terag1e wrote:

and your "on demand" offering comes WITHOUT fast forward so MUST WATCH COMMERCIALS. Until this gets sorted out, why not offer every subscriber a $2 per month rebate OR remove your silly fast forward restrictions.  Most of us record and gain the benefit of fast forwarding the 2.5 minutes or more of commercials from the end of one segment to the beginning of another.  Unless I am mistaken, that is CLEARLY in your control, not TiVo's.  If we could watch 90% or more of what we wish, WITH fast forward and rewind enabled, this probably would not be nearly as big a deal.  Those that record "special events" are still left in the cold, but relative to YOUR proposed solution, those that record to watch later, from a remote location, could AT LEAST fast forward through the commercials.  This is YOUR problem, not ours.  Witness, DISH and DirecTV having already paid the licensing fee (which YOU could do immediately and make this problem disappear, but choose NOT TO and rather pay expensive legal fees and court costs to APPEAL, which THEORETICALLY is already in our exhorbitant monthly fees that you command.

the rules for what navigation is available is set by the owner of the programming that you are watching (example ABC/AMC/etc) and is how the owner earns money on what they are providing.. you can use page up on a home X1 set top box to skip ahead 10 minutes at a time then rewind to where you want to restart. 

Expert

@terag1e wrote:

And miraculously after complaining of censorship, this thread is suddenly open for public posting...Just saying.

as new threads are moved to this mega-thread the 'lock' of new posts can happen if the posts moved are locked. I unlocked it when I tried to reply to a post and replies were 'off' (an error not caused by a person). sorry you had a temporary problem.

Frequent Visitor

either you can "unlock" a locked thread or you can't. You're not a Comcast employee, so says your sig, so I doubt HIGHLY that YOU can unlock a thread as you suggest.  So MY inconvenience existed, and YOU had NOTHING to do with restoring my convenience.  As to how others "earn" their money (profits), I would suggest it is STILL Comcast's problem to solve and is WELL WITHIN THEIR FINANCIAL WHERWITHALL to do so.  It is a zero sum game - pay laywers fees and court fees?  or pay license fees?  It is quite apparent from the LENGTH of this thread, that many subscribers VALUE the NOW LOST CAPABILITY.  Either get there own programmers in gear, pay the license fee, or give me a REBATE until they solve the problem!!

Expert

@terag1e wrote:

either you can "unlock" a locked thread or you can't. You're not a Comcast employee, so says your sig, so I doubt HIGHLY that YOU can unlock a thread as you suggest.  So MY inconvenience existed, and YOU had NOTHING to do with restoring my convenience.  As to how others "earn" their money (profits), I would suggest it is STILL Comcast's problem to solve and is WELL WITHIN THEIR FINANCIAL WHERWITHALL to do so.  It is a zero sum game - pay laywers fees and court fees?  or pay license fees?  It is quite apparent from the LENGTH of this thread, that many subscribers VALUE the NOW LOST CAPABILITY.  Either get there own programmers in gear, pay the license fee, or give me a REBATE until they solve the problem!!

as a designated 'expert' (customer to customer helper), yes we have moderator controls. let the lawyers resolve the current issue.

Frequent Visitor

lawyers that we pay for as part of our monthly fee.....I repeat ---- PAY THE LICENSE FEE

Most Valued Poster

@terag1e wrote:

And don't forget that many On Demand programs now cost us to watch...insult to injury

New Poster

Re: recording tv shows

OK… it's been 6 months. When are you going to license or create your own version of this?

Frequent Visitor

Given the length of time and the obvious dis-respect to paying customers by not offering SOME solution other than the already debunked solution of ON DEMAND (not everything is there, not there same day, pay episodes, no FF, REW capabilities [OH other than the proffered solution to THAT - SKIP 10 minutes ahead and rewind to past the commercials you did not want in the first place - can you even REW in ON DEMAND????]).  Even a "We're working on it with some future date completion" would be appreciated.  But to hear that the approach is to APPEAL - paying hefty legal fees and court costs, rather than a license fee without any explanation is hardly an acceptable one.  Especially when Comcast competitors HAVE paid the license fee (DISH, DirecTV).

Given this lacksidaisical approach to paying customers, and the length of time you've been without the capability (6 months), the likelihood that an appeal is likely to take another two years, I would suggest that a more likely "solution" to this is changing providers.  When Comcast starts seeing mass exodus of customers, with an EXPLICIT reasoning as "loss of remote programming capability, license to TiVo", perhaps then they will value their customers more than they do right now.  This is UNACCEPTABLE.  Start watching Comcast quarterly business reports.  Look for subscriber loss numbers.  Use those facts in every post.  Someone beside those reading from lame scripts is bound to pay attention eventually.

Most Valued Poster

@terag1e wrote:

Given the length of time and the obvious dis-respect to paying customers by not offering SOME solution other than the already debunked solution of ON DEMAND (not everything is there, not there same day, pay episodes, no FF, REW capabilities [OH other than the proffered solution to THAT - SKIP 10 minutes ahead and rewind to past the commercials you did not want in the first place - can you even REW in ON DEMAND????]).  Even a "We're working on it with some future date completion" would be appreciated.  But to hear that the approach is to APPEAL - paying hefty legal fees and court costs, rather than a license fee without any explanation is hardly an acceptable one.  Especially when Comcast competitors HAVE paid the license fee (DISH, DirecTV).

==

I doubt seriously that corporate even knows of the massive input about the removal of the remote recording feature. We discuss on the forums and some call cust svc and a few are  dropping the service but I doubt it has raised any alarms. Do the Comcast reps on here pass the discontent up the chain?  They keep repeating the patent issue, blah blah blah but do they push upstairs? I sure would if I were them just out of pure frustration with the explaining they have to  keep doing . I have talked to cust svc about other things and I mention whats going on with the app being taken away and NOT ONE of the reps I have spoken to knew ONE THING about the discontent. Hard to believe but true. There are other ways to complain like Comcast Cares, Facebook,etc, etc but seems it all falls on deaf ears or they are pretty sure it will not cause mass exodus to other carriers. Most don't have too many options anyway for bundled services and would have to buy pieces here and there to get what they want. We all know that other providers do have the remote app but how many are really switching? Ok I am done venting.

Regular Contributor

Well said, TerriB, I think you pretty much nailed it.

I've been trying to encourage people to make noise outside this forum to discourage people from signing up. If sales fall far enough short of projections, somebody's head will roll. But it won't be the CEO's, you can be sure of that. Would it make a difference? I sort of doubt it, but it's worth a shot.

Official Employee

Re: Why did Xfinity remove Recording from Website and Mobile Apps?

Hi @Fattybign. Please see the Best Answer: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-set-recordings-from-stream-app/m-p/3006430#M10834 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@TerriB wrote:

@terag1e wrote:

And don't forget that many On Demand programs now cost us to watch...insult to injury

the paid ones are pay per view items so more content is available

Regular Contributor

@xgrep wrote:

Well said, TerriB, I think you pretty much nailed it.

I've been trying to encourage people to make noise outside this forum to discourage people from signing up. If sales fall far enough short of projections, somebody's head will roll. But it won't be the CEO's, you can be sure of that. Would it make a difference? I sort of doubt it, but it's worth a shot.

With the same old people complaining over and over out of 20 million, not going to make a difference. It's already in the appeal process, they're not going to backpedal and pay fees now. It's going to be a long process. 

Regular Visitor

At the very least, if they can't give us the record function, they should give more than 2 weeks scheduling capabilities. It's very frustrating to miss new shows or specific episodes that are not available on demand. People do travel, often longer than 2 weeks. Be considerate of your users.
Regular Contributor

“the paid ones are pay per view items so more content is available”

This comment makes no sense whatsoever.  I am pretty sure TerriB is talking about regular shows, both over the air and on cable.  I have missed several shows that I normally watch due to my travels and inability to schedule on the road.  When I go to on demand for a particular series, some of the shows are free, some you have to buy.  This is for the current season, not 5 years back.  If I want to catch up, I have to pay $2.99 for some episodes, while others are free.  These are not NOT normal pay per view shows, but on regular networks and cables channels.  Plus, virtually nothing is listed for CBS, as they want to make money off their All Access program.  

Comcast’s On Demand menu has become much smaller and far more expensive as many shows that used to be free for all episodes in a current and even two or three past seasons back, now are pay per view for all but several of the most current ones.  I don’t want to hear dumb excuses about lawsuits, how wonderful On Demand is, etc.  Comcast does not care about its customers - period.  This is not just about removing features and charging more for less.  Have you ever dealt with the first level of CSRs?  They are in a boiler room - you can hear multiple conversations in the background.  Many have accents so thick they are not understandable and then don’t understand what you are trying to say to them.  Most important, they have no idea whatsoever about anything you ask.  They are there to slow you down, frustrate you and hopefully have you go away.  I have waited long times on hold, only to be disconnected.  When I ask to speak with a supervisor, none is ever available and promises to have one call back are never fulfilled.  The only people that have ever been helpful are the third tier tech folks.  But it takes forever to get to one and their field of expertise is narrow, limited to actual technical issues.

Have you ever called to engage in the annual rate increase dance?  It’s exhausting and every CSR, even the retention ones, who don’t seem to exist anymore, gives you a different rate with different features even when you call back and speak to a different one on the same day.  There is never one answer.  And even when you get a rate you can choke down without projectile vomiting, the first few bills that come in under the new rate are totally messed up.  And it’s always to the higher side, never to the lower side.  What’s even worse is then being told that the CSR who made the deal wasn’t authorized to give you that price.  The CSR speaks for the company - if they can’t make a deal, who can?  Another example of Comcast doing anything they can to beat you down and charge you more.

I’m not saying any of the other providers are any better - they are all con artists, selling different stories and hoping you just cave in an accept whatever they offer.  It’s like being on a used car lot dealing with the sleazy salespeople who are trying to sell you a beater while insisting it’s the best thing since sliced bread.

And Comcast wants customers loyalty???  How about some loyalty and honesty to the customer?

New Poster

Re: Record function on Xfinity DVR is disabled for remote devices i.e. PC

Agree. Ridiculous. Why does optimum allow it?
New Poster

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app

Maybe if you expect us to check availability through Xfinity On Demand, we should get a credit for all those channels that charge for On Demand Programming, since we simply couldn’t set a recording when we found out we had to work late, or got atuck at the Doctor’s office or some other unforeseen event which we would not have known or thought about to set the DVR at home at 6:00 in the morning.
Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@terag1e wrote:

==

What do you consider pay per view? I consider those as special events like boxing matches that have special charges to be able to watch. What I am talking about are the many regular shows that are not old but  we can no longer watch free  'on demand'   They charge $2.99 to watch one episode or you can buy the whole season....wow. We used to be able to watch previous season shows for free but not now....Why not? Some shows go to On Demand after just a few episodes in the current seaon. Really?

Most Valued Poster

Re: Recording from device remote app

@Mrgee wrote:

Regarding the removal of record function...A major feature removed with no notice?? No corresponding discount???

Comcast continues to RIP OFF customers. Enjoy your bonuses, executives!! Pigs.

Now people who take their devices on vacation and want to record from a remote location cannot. 

I want to use profanity, not that whoever reads this cares. 

We will actively look at other ISPs.

- 20 year customer -

===

You do know that this feature was taken away a long time ago? 

New Poster

The actual "best answer" would be for Comcast to license the Tivo technology.

Regular Visitor

6 or 7 months. Not that long. If they start losing customers, maybe they will take notice (maybe not).
New Poster

Any update to this? I recently signed up with Xfinity and am highly disappointed to find that I can not record shows from the app. Sporting events are never available On Demand! This needs to be fixed. such an important yet basic function. Verizon was able to do this without issue. 

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

@Fattybign wrote:

Today I logged in, to a message saying I had to basically be home in front of my TV to set a recording now, and that I couldn't do it from the Stream website or my phone app anymore.

I am upset at this functionality being taken away.  This was something I used regulary to schedule recordings on the go, when I wasn't going to make it home in time to watch live sports, etc...

Anyone have any idea as to why this was removed?  

I guess I will just start to record everything and muck up the cloud DVR servers some more.

==

I am not trying to be rude but this subject has over 2 dozen pages of posts and I bet there are just as many statements of  explanation from Comcast reps as to why they removed the feature back in 2017.  We are NOT happy about what they did but the explanation is all over the place.

Most Valued Poster

@Unhappy70 wrote:
6 or 7 months. Not that long. If they start losing customers, maybe they will take notice (maybe not).

Its been since Nov 2017 and there are 26 pages of posts on the subject and probably 2 dozen times a Comcast Rep has explained what happened yet  the forum keeps getting posts from customers who just noticed it and wonder what happened and don't even look for the explanation. I  don't believe for a minute that they care about those they will lose over this or even take notice. I just wish they had the decency to have told their customers rather than having to read about it on Forbes, geekwire, fiercecable, etc

Frequent Visitor

My guess is that although the capability may have been disabled 8 months ago, the web interface and the app interface just recently started bannering that you are  no longer able to set recordings away from home.  This is in large font at the top of the saved, scheduled pages, with a button that I believe gave some sort of explanation, and in addition, provided a link to the forums to "provide feedback".  What I see is they are getting PLENTY of feedback.  Now as to why these same folks did not notice the loss of the capability many months back might be questioned.  But to complain that there are now 26 pages of posts on the forums (the thread actually keeps getting longer in some respect because the moderators "combine threads" into a single master thread, that should be directed either to the moderators, the app programmers, Comcast directly or all three.  It is their doing in my opinion.  They asked for feedback, they got feedback.  Will they do ANYTHING with the feedback?  History says not a chance.  So WHY did they ask for feedback may be another interesting question to have answered.

Regular Contributor

Asking for feedback is a commonly used technique to give the impression that you care. One company that I worked at used annual feedback surveys to "increase employee engagement'. They never did anything with the feedback except to give employees who complained the impossible job of solving the very problem they complained about with no resources of any kind. So quite obviously it was a way to punish people who complained. It worked exceedingly well - the feedback just kept getting better. I'm not making this up.
Expert

@riffraf1 wrote:

what you said is precisely the issue: there is no technology. even Tivo doesn't want it to go to patent court (and be invalidated) so they used the import court which can't examine a patent for validity. SCOTUS in its Alice decision clearly stated abstracts (step by step instructions for example how to use a key to open a car door) can't be a valid enforceable patent since it is nothing but directions. The one Tivo used in the import is just that type of abstract (an internet connected device will cause the tuner in the home recording device to change to the selected channel and begin recording). as you can see the 'steps' are precisely what the Alice SCOTUS decision invalidated as an enforceable patent. Comcast will have its day in court eventually.

Expert

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@terag1e wrote:

==

What do you consider pay per view? I consider those as special events like boxing matches that have special charges to be able to watch. What I am talking about are the many regular shows that are not old but  we can no longer watch free  'on demand'   They charge $2.99 to watch one episode or you can buy the whole season....wow. We used to be able to watch previous season shows for free but not now....Why not? Some shows go to On Demand after just a few episodes in the current seaon. Really?

the owners of the episodes determine by contract the 'free' viewing "stacking" of episodes (typically 5 in the past). Some networks are beginning to demand full current season of "stacking" but so far I've not seen an increase in the number of free on-demand episodes.

New Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@riffraf1

what you said is precisely the issue: there is no technology. even Tivo doesn't want it to go to patent court (and be invalidated) so they used the import court which can't examine a patent for validity. SCOTUS in its Alice decision clearly stated abstracts (step by step instructions for example how to use a key to open a car door) can't be a valid enforceable patent since it is nothing but directions. The one Tivo used in the import is just that type of abstract (an internet connected device will cause the tuner in the home recording device to change to the selected channel and begin recording). as you can see the 'steps' are precisely what the Alice SCOTUS decision invalidated as an enforceable patent. Comcast will have its day in court eventually.

Very interesting. Thank you.

Regular Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@riffraf1 wrote:

@Rustyben, I think you should be a little careful, because while it's clear that you're not a Comcast employee, the special badge that identifies you as an expert could induce some readers to construe your statements as having some sort of official standing, and that could present some legal risk for Comcast. And unless you haven't revealed it, you're also not an attorney, and your opinions are only opinions, and shouldn't be understood to carry any legal authority (nor do mine).

The reason why I say this is that you insist that the TiVo patents are, or will be found to be, invalid under the doctrine established by the "Alice" decision. This may or may not happen and, for the moment, they're still valid and enforceable. The Alice decision was fairly narrow, in that it, in effect, said "if a patent covers an abstract idea that would not be patentable on its own merit, embodying it in software does not make it patentable". Here's some good discussion on wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_Corp._v._CLS_Bank_International

"The patents were held to be invalid because the claims were drawn to an abstract idea, and implementing those claims on a computer was not enough to transform that idea into patentable subject matter."

It's not clear that this doctrine applies to the TiVo patents (my personal, non-attorney opinion is that it doesn't).

Next, you assert that TiVo used the import court because validity isn't examined in that venue, implying that the patents aren't valid under "Alice". We don't know why they used the import court; maybe they used it to get a quicker decision than they would in litigating the patents. On top of that, they *have* launched a full-blown infringement suit against Comcast in January:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tivo-comcast-lawsuit/tivo-hits-comcast-with-new-round-of-patent-l...

This case could very well determine the validity of the patents. TiVo was apparently willing to take the risk in launching this suit. My personal opinion, based on my impressions of TiVo's legal competence, is that they will prevail, but of course no one can know that in advance, and it could take many months or years to decide.

I'm not an attorney, either, but I was paid as a technology consultant to the patent team at a large tech company, and my job was to analyze patents and products to determine exactly how they compared in order to determine whether there was posible grounds for litigation or licensing. I have not read the TiVo patents, nor have I read the particulars of the January litigation. If anyone (including Comcast) would like me to do so, my consulting rate is $300/hr, billable in eight-hour increments with a minimum initial contract of 40 hours (plus expenses). For $12,000 (or more) you can get a written analysis from me, and it won't even be a legal opinion, just "expert witness".

I think we all should try to refrain from offering opinions on TiVo's patents, and wait until the various suits have worked their way through the courts. In the meanwhile, let's be clear: Comcast has chosen to remove functionality rather than pay TiVo, to the detriment of their customers, while many of their competitors have chosen to pay to license the features and continue to provide them to their customers. And the legal processes will take a very long time to reach conclusions, while Comcast customers are left paying as if they still had the feature (i.e., their bill has not been reduced).

Regular Contributor

Good post, Xgrep.  I had my most recent post removed yesterday to the dead file as not helpful as I dared to question Comcast’s future viability in a fast moving technological environment as well as poor or no customer service.  Read this fast, it may have a very short shelf life.  

I completely agree that we have not had any full blown explanation by Comcast management of why they chose to fight rather than pay royalties.  Especially when other comanies have the feature and are paying.  I don’t understand how Verizon FIOS allows you to record remotely if they are not paying, but I can’t find any evidence either way.  I also don’t understand why we don’t have remote viewing access to all our recordings instead of roughly only 60 hours of them.  There is still information on the Comcast website about having a cloud DVR that allows full access, but when I call, no one at Comcast knows what I’m referring to, even when I read them the website wording.  

Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@terag1e wrote:

==

the owners of the episodes determine by contract the 'free' viewing "stacking" of episodes (typically 5 in the past). Some networks are beginning to demand full current season of "stacking" but so far I've not seen an increase in the number of free on-demand episodes.

==

Rustyben...it wasn't that long ago that we could view the entire current season and usually the previous season too for free (and not On Demand) and then all of a sudden the stacking shortened and the charges On Demand started. Do we know what caused this to begin. Comcast boasts about On Demand but they fail to tell us its not usually free anymore.

New Poster

The solution is to negotiate a license agreement pronto. If you are infringing in their patent, license it and out the functionality back in. I pay almost $200 per month, you can afford it.
New Poster

I agree with you but if they reduce your bill because that feature was removed, they themselves admit exactly how much they owe TIVO. That’s the last thing this company will EVER do.
New Poster

Great, please provide information how to broadcast my remote’s signal from my vacation hotel in Las Vegas to my DVR in Seattle.
New Poster

Can you cite the legal ruling?

New Poster

Record

I use my computer to watch various shows at night and every now and again I see an advertisment for a new show that I might want to watch.  BUT I cannot figure out how to set up recording on my computer.  Does anyone out there know how to do that?

Thanks

New Poster

Is there an update on this issue? I have missed this feature for months now, but just noticed a disclaimer on the Recordings page. Has xfinity given up on restoring the service??

Regular Contributor

@Knowles881 wrote:

Can you cite the legal ruling?

Here's the ruling:

https://www.usitc.gov/secretary/fed_reg_notices/337/337-1001_notice11212017sgl.pdf

If you'd like to see the "lay person" version, search for "itc ruling comcast tivo x1" or similar (without the quotes). I got 26,000 hits on Google, though many of them were links to articles on the January infringement suit launched by Rovi (TiVo's parent company).