Community Forum

Can't schedule recording on mobile

Contributor

Can't schedule recording on mobile

I am a new X1 customer, and installed the Xfinity TV Android app. I can see my recordings, and scheduling, but if I goto a show that I find in guide even one that is 1 hr in future, I only have option to watch and info and no record. Does DVR need the Ethernet connection? What do I need to do?
Problem Solver

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile

The DVR doesn't need an Ethernet connection.

 

Also, are you sure you are looking at the regular channel listings, and not the TVGO channels.  Just clear all your FILTERS on the guide listings to be sure.  The TVGO channels only give Watch and Info.

Contributor

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile

I cleared all the filters, and don't see anything listed as TVGO anyway, but still nothing.
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile


LakeWortB wrote:
I cleared all the filters, and don't see anything listed as TVGO anyway, but still nothing.

How is your listings different than what's shown below?

 

Untitled.jpg

Contributor

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile

Here is a sample show
tmp_21292-Screenshot_20161101-2033461026618502.png
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile


LakeWortB wrote:
Here is a sample show

Does it give you a record option on the on guide on your tv using the remote control?

Expert

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile


LakeWortB wrote:
I am a new X1 customer, and installed the Xfinity TV Android app. I can see my recordings, and scheduling, but if I goto a show that I find in guide even one that is 1 hr in future, I only have option to watch and info and no record. Does DVR need the Ethernet connection? What do I need to do?

on an X1 set top box connected TV, press the xFinity button on your remote, >> my Account >> Account Details -- and note the 'username'. go to the xFinity TV app, and menu icon (stack of paper icon), scroll to the bottom and select the gear (settings) icon, scroll to the bottom and select logout. now log back in using the username you saw on your "account details" screen for username. Do you now see the record button on listings?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile


Rustyben wrote:

LakeWortB wrote:
I am a new X1 customer, and installed the Xfinity TV Android app. I can see my recordings, and scheduling, but if I goto a show that I find in guide even one that is 1 hr in future, I only have option to watch and info and no record. Does DVR need the Ethernet connection? What do I need to do?

on an X1 set top box connected TV, press the xFinity button on your remote, >> my Account >> Account Details -- and note the 'username'. go to the xFinity TV app, and menu icon (stack of paper icon), scroll to the bottom and select the gear (settings) icon, scroll to the bottom and select logout. now log back in using the username you saw on your "account details" screen for username. Do you now see the record button on listings?


Using the android tv app, I can login with one of my secondary accounts that is not in my "account details" and I get the record option on shows.

Contributor

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile

I checked the username on DVR and signed out and logged back into app, but still no record option.
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile


LakeWortB wrote:
I checked the username on DVR and signed out and logged back into app, but still no record option.

Yes, that wouldn't change anything.

 

Does the app allow you to watch a show marked as "in home" as shown in the example you posted?

Problem Solver

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile

I re-read this entire post, and no where does it say that you have tried this using the online web portal: https://tv.xfinity.com

 

Are you also missing the Record option using the web portal? If so, that might show that this is an account configuration problem, rather than just an app issue.

 

Strange though that you said you can see your recordings and schedule. That would mean you have the Cloud DVR rate code added to your account.  Anyway, if you don't see the Record option on the web portal, I would call 888-824-8988, Advanced Tech Support, and tell them the problem. Ask them to re-add the Cloud DVR rate code to your account, and see if that might help.

Contributor

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile

That was a good idea, but alas didn't work.  I used the tv.xfinity.com site, and picked a program and was able to set a recording.  But when I goto same program on mobile, it doesn't give me option for recording.

Problem Solver

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile


LakeWortB wrote:

That was a good idea, but alas didn't work.  I used the tv.xfinity.com site, and picked a program and was able to set a recording.  But when I goto same program on mobile, it doesn't give me option for recording.


Okay, then it seems your account is configured correctly. What device are you running the app on? Brand, model, etc.  What version of Android is on your device?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile


LakeWortB wrote:

That was a good idea, but alas didn't work.  I used the tv.xfinity.com site, and picked a program and was able to set a recording.  But when I goto same program on mobile, it doesn't give me option for recording.


I'll try again:

 

Does the app allow you to watch a show marked as "in home" as shown in the example you posted?

Contributor

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile

Yes I tried watching a channel listed as inhome while at home and it played.  Also tried on my android tablet and similar, no record but can watch in-house.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile


LakeWortB wrote:

Yes I tried watching a channel listed as inhome while at home and it played.  Also tried on my android tablet and similar, no record but can watch in-house.


Ok, and does your android xfinity tv app menu look like this with the same options?

 

Untitled.jpg

Expert

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile


LakeWortB wrote:

Yes I tried watching a channel listed as inhome while at home and it played.  Also tried on my android tablet and similar, no record but can watch in-house.


sometimes there are problems dubbed 'back end' or "back office". If you can run the xfinity My Account app, and select TV tab see if your DVR is shown on the list of equipment.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Problem Solver

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile


Rustyben wrote:

LakeWortB wrote:

Yes I tried watching a channel listed as inhome while at home and it played.  Also tried on my android tablet and similar, no record but can watch in-house.


sometimes there are problems dubbed 'back end' or "back office". If you can run the xfinity My Account app, and select TV tab see if your DVR is shown on the list of equipment.


Rusty, did you even bother to read the entire thread. The OP has stated they already can see their recordings and schedule in the app, as well as through the Xfinity TV web portal. They also stated they can set a recording through the Guide Listings through the web portal. The only place they can't see the Record option is through the Xfinity TV app on their Android device. That tells me that the DVR must be showing up on their account.

 

LakeWortB, you still didn't answer what model and type of Android device you are using, and what is the version of the Android OS?

 

Also, is this the only device you have that is having the issue? Do you have access to a different device you can try? Possibly a family member or friend can install the app on their phone or tablet, and check if the Record option shows for them. If you try this, just remember to sign out of the app once you are done, so you don't have someone else accessing your data.

Contributor

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile

So I did try on two different Android devices. One running 5.0 Android and one 7.0. Phone is a nexus 5x. App version is listed as 3.9.1.011
tmp_8678-Screenshot_20161103-0608181282851670.png
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile


LakeWortB wrote:
So I did try on two different Android devices. One running 5.0 Android and one 7.0. Phone is a nexus 5x. App version is listed as 3.9.1.011

Your last pics prove you have cloud storage, you have the current version of the app, and your on your home network, you should get the record option on shows. I suggest you PM one of the comcast reps, ComcastDan is currently posting.

Problem Solver

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile


LakeWortB wrote:
So I did try on two different Android devices. One running 5.0 Android and one 7.0. Phone is a nexus 5x. App version is listed as 3.9.1.011

The pics you have been posting are they from the Nexus 5x running Android 7.0?

 

I could understand possible problems with running Nougat (Android 7) if Comcast hasn't tested that, but did you fail to get the Record option on the Android 5 device as well? That's just strange. My Samsung phone is running Android 5, so I know it should work on that. It might be time to contact Comcast directly as the other poster suggested. You could also call the Advanced Tech Support @ 888-824-8988 and see it they can help. Good luck.

Official Employee
Expert

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile

closing year-old thread.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!