Community Forum

Can't activate HBO go app on Amazon Fire stick- Please Help!!

New Poster

Can't activate HBO go app on Amazon Fire stick- Please Help!!

I downloaded the HBO go app onto my Amazon fire stick. Went to hbogo.com/activate, selected Amazon fire, selected Comcast xfinity, and was rerouted to the buy HBO page. Never taken to page to put in the activation code. Did this multiple times. Different browsers. Cleated cashe. I've had HBO in a bundle for a very long time so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'd just like to use this app, as I'm paying for the service. Please help! I've read thru some of the forums about this issue, and I'm not about to sit on the phone with customer service if they don't know how to solve this issue, as I've seen stated in some of the responses on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Expert

Re: Can't activate HBO go app on Amazon Fire stick- Please Help!!

Dianne222 wrote:
I downloaded the HBO go app onto my Amazon fire stick. Went to hbogo.com/activate, selected Amazon fire, selected Comcast xfinity, and was rerouted to the buy HBO page. Never taken to page to put in the activation code. Did this multiple times. Different browsers. Cleated cashe. I've had HBO in a bundle for a very long time so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'd just like to use this app, as I'm paying for the service. Please help! I've read thru some of the forums about this issue, and I'm not about to sit on the phone with customer service if they don't know how to solve this issue, as I've seen stated in some of the responses on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

you may have to use a different browser. Would you try using a smart device TVgo app? note that if you accidently go to HBOnow or use the HBOnow app the signin will fail.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

I've tried different browsers. Just keeps doing the same thing. I've given up. Was hoping someone from Comcast would reply with a solution. 😔
New Poster

Sorry. Didn't see that you are a service expert. I never went to HBO now. Just HBO go. Beyond frustrated.
Expert

Dianne222 wrote:
Sorry. Didn't see that you are a service expert. I never went to HBO now. Just HBO go. Beyond frustrated.

hmm.. I googled "fire stick & HBO go" and found this link 

https://help.hbogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/211542197-Is-HBO-GO-supported-on-Amazon-Fire-TV-or-Fire-TV-...

which sent me to this link http://www.hbogo.com/devices/ and when I check Comcast Xfinity it lists the devices supported and fire stick is not included. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

Unsubscribe from HBO through Comcast and subscribe to HBO through Amazon channels
New Poster

I was able to download and activate HBO Go on my firestick by selecting roku instead of fire tv when I signed up.
New Poster

I looked at this form after I couldn't Activate HBO on my Amazon Fire TV 4K. I was able to figure out what was going on and hope this helps others. There's two Apps. HBO GO and HBO Now. You need HBO GO and NOT HBO Now if you are a comcast XFinity customer. It was a bit confusing but just download HBO Go and then sign in with your Comcast account and use the code you get. The code from HBONOW will not activate on hbogo.com/activate. 

New Poster

THANK YOU

Frequent Visitor

Well Comcast or xfinity are not listed as a option
Expert

@Sfath1975 wrote:
Well Comcast or xfinity are not listed as a option

apparently not yet allowed. you might want to view this article https://www.fastcompany.com/90205212/comcast-is-totally-ok-with-you-not-having-an-xfinity-set-top-bo... for future plans.