Community Forum

Can't activate HBO go app on Amazon Fire stick- Please Help!!

New Poster

Can't activate HBO go app on Amazon Fire stick- Please Help!!

I downloaded the HBO go app onto my Amazon fire stick. Went to hbogo.com/activate, selected Amazon fire, selected Comcast xfinity, and was rerouted to the buy HBO page. Never taken to page to put in the activation code. Did this multiple times. Different browsers. Cleated cashe. I've had HBO in a bundle for a very long time so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'd just like to use this app, as I'm paying for the service. Please help! I've read thru some of the forums about this issue, and I'm not about to sit on the phone with customer service if they don't know how to solve this issue, as I've seen stated in some of the responses on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Expert

Re: Can't activate HBO go app on Amazon Fire stick- Please Help!!

@Dianne222 wrote:
I downloaded the HBO go app onto my Amazon fire stick. Went to hbogo.com/activate, selected Amazon fire, selected Comcast xfinity, and was rerouted to the buy HBO page. Never taken to page to put in the activation code. Did this multiple times. Different browsers. Cleated cashe. I've had HBO in a bundle for a very long time so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'd just like to use this app, as I'm paying for the service. Please help! I've read thru some of the forums about this issue, and I'm not about to sit on the phone with customer service if they don't know how to solve this issue, as I've seen stated in some of the responses on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

you may have to use a different browser. Would you try using a smart device TVgo app? note that if you accidently go to HBOnow or use the HBOnow app the signin will fail.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I've tried different browsers. Just keeps doing the same thing. I've given up. Was hoping someone from Comcast would reply with a solution. 😔
New Poster

Sorry. Didn't see that you are a service expert. I never went to HBO now. Just HBO go. Beyond frustrated.
Expert

@Dianne222 wrote:
Sorry. Didn't see that you are a service expert. I never went to HBO now. Just HBO go. Beyond frustrated.

hmm.. I googled "fire stick & HBO go" and found this link 

https://help.hbogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/211542197-Is-HBO-GO-supported-on-Amazon-Fire-TV-or-Fire-TV-...

which sent me to this link http://www.hbogo.com/devices/ and when I check Comcast Xfinity it lists the devices supported and fire stick is not included. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Unsubscribe from HBO through Comcast and subscribe to HBO through Amazon channels
New Poster

I was able to download and activate HBO Go on my firestick by selecting roku instead of fire tv when I signed up.
New Poster

I looked at this form after I couldn't Activate HBO on my Amazon Fire TV 4K. I was able to figure out what was going on and hope this helps others. There's two Apps. HBO GO and HBO Now. You need HBO GO and NOT HBO Now if you are a comcast XFinity customer. It was a bit confusing but just download HBO Go and then sign in with your Comcast account and use the code you get. The code from HBONOW will not activate on hbogo.com/activate. 

New Poster

THANK YOU

Frequent Visitor

Well Comcast or xfinity are not listed as a option
Expert

@Sfath1975 wrote:
Well Comcast or xfinity are not listed as a option

apparently not yet allowed. you might want to view this article https://www.fastcompany.com/90205212/comcast-is-totally-ok-with-you-not-having-an-xfinity-set-top-bo... for future plans.

New Poster

If you already had HBO Go installed you can follow this guide.  Looks like Amazon is going the route of Comcast and making it a nightmare to share what you are already paying for.  I already had HBO Go on my firestick but it disappeared from view.   Follow this to get it back.  https://help.hbogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/205083427-Can-t-sign-in-or-activate-HBO-GO-on-Amazon-Fire-T... And check the Amazon Fire option when it comes up to reactivate.  Works fine and I am watching HBO now.   About to dump most of my Comcast and get the rest from Amazon as my Starz is already deactivated on anything but the tv.   Amazon was supposed to turn into an app like Netflix but obviously Comcast not making enough profit must have canceled that option.  Either way it shouldn't be this freaking hard to get what you already paid for. 

Frequent Visitor

An article doesn't really change anything after over a decade of refusing to allow people to access things they pay for in other ways.  They'll cite technical or legal obstacles again, and everyone will see the list of 40 or so providers that have miraculously overcome those same issues.

Eventually people will learn to not buy premium channels from Comcast and instead go to HBO directly. HBO gets the full $15 and Comcast gets no part of that, apparently as they prefer.  Makes no economic sense, but whatever, if you've tried screen sharing lately and been told the panel on the wall with nothing connected no longer qualifies until HDMI devices are removed, you'd understand that the default position is denial of service.

Highlighted
New Poster

I was unable to activate hbo go for free on my amazon fire stick there is no way i can use the code been sent to me
Expert

@Adeekofeusayo74 wrote:
I was unable to activate hbo go for free on my amazon fire stick there is no way i can use the code been sent to me

did you use a desk/laptop and the chrome browser and go to the web site shown on the fire stick's HBO activation screen?

New Poster

And pay more for it? I have it free from Comcast

New Poster

Download the Amazon Silk browser. I had the same issue for years. It works like a charm now!
New Poster

I'm having trouble I can't sign into my HBO Go
Official Employee

I'm having trouble I can't sign into my HBO Go

morris21k, thanks for taking the time to post here. What trouble are you having signing into HBO?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.