Community Forum

Can't Connect to Home WiFi to stream Live TV

New Poster

Can't Connect to Home WiFi to stream Live TV

I'm at home connected to my home wifi with a Netgear C6300 modem router.  The MAC address matches the router information in m Settings, but I cannot watch LiveTV.  I'm getting the Available to watch in home only error on the app and my web browser.  What's the solution???

I've been on the phone and chat with representatives who haven't been able to solve the issue.

Expert

Re: Can't Connect to Home WiFi to stream Live TV

@mad4mocha wrote:

I'm at home connected to my home wifi with a Netgear C6300 modem router.  The MAC address matches the router information in m Settings, but I cannot watch LiveTV.  I'm getting the Available to watch in home only error on the app and my web browser.  What's the solution???

I've been on the phone and chat with representatives who haven't been able to solve the issue.

what device are you using (Roku, apple, android, PC with streaming website)? have you tried the other streaming option sin the home? if so, do any of them work? if so, which?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Does anyone know the solution to this? Spoken to Comcast people but they didnt seem to understand the issue
Official Employee

Peony12, Hey there. I'm guessing it might be a provisioning error on your modem. I'm happy to take a look. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I activated a new cable modem yesterday and I'm having the same issue now too. The Roku app tells me i'm not on my xfinity network and won't continue. I also tried the android app and it won't  play live tv channels with the message "Available to watch in home only".

I tried calling tech support, they sent a couple "signals" to my cable modem but it didn't change anything. 

Basically the exact same issue as this post from last year, any help would be appreciated.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Xfinity-Stream-App-only-on-In-Home-BUT-I-AM-AT-...

Expert

@FadedSun wrote:

I activated a new cable modem yesterday and I'm having the same issue now too. The Roku app tells me i'm not on my xfinity network and won't continue. I also tried the android app and it won't  play live tv channels with the message "Available to watch in home only".

I tried calling tech support, they sent a couple "signals" to my cable modem but it didn't change anything. 

Basically the exact same issue as this post from last year, any help would be appreciated.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Xfinity-Stream-App-only-on-In-Home-BUT-I-AM-AT-...

it can take up to 24 hours for all the databases to be updated so it works. be sure that the new modem shows up in your xfinity my account app under the internet tab. the serial number should match your new modem's HFC MAC address

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Greetings FadedSun! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I certainly apologize to hear of the issues you are running into with trying to stream with the Roku app. What Rustyben has mentioned is correct as it can take some time for everything to sync up. However, if you are still running into the issue feel free to send me a PM with your and last name so I can dive deeper into the issue.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastMichael 

It's working now. I'm not really sure if time did it or I had the oddest thing happen today. I was setting up some other network equiptment, and out of the blue it told me I needed to sign into comcast to enable the internet. Funny thing was the internet was working fine on other devices for 2 days now. I logged in, and it told me my account was now setup and rebooted my modem. On a whim I checked the Roku app after that and it worked.

Now this evening though I noticed my internet speed is slowed. I'm speed testing around 70-80mbps when my plan is for 400.  I had been speed testing at 400+ earlier this morning and yesterday. I'm not sure yet if this is  just congestion, a temporary slow down, or if that weird comcast login prompt/reboot did something to my provisioning. I'm not necisarilly worried yet though, I'll try again later tonigh or early in the morning to make sure.

/ sigh setting up new equiptment/service is always such fun Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Thank you for that update, FadedSun. I'm glad to hear things are partially resolved. I see you did send me a PM and I will continue to assist you through there.

Highlighted
Contributor

I am also having trouble with the Comcast Stream TV app. Everything was working fine till I upgraded my own modem from an Arris SB6190 to an Arris SB8200. The new modem is working great with Xfinity internet. My only issue at the moment is the Stream TV app not recognizing my home WiFi setup allowing me to only play TV GO channels. I have tried signing out and reinstalling the app on my iPhone 8+.  Before the modem upgrade the Stream app worked fine ! Any help would be appreciated.

Expert

@bnc wrote:

I am also having trouble with the Comcast Stream TV app. Everything was working fine till I upgraded my own modem from an Arris SB6190 to an Arris SB8200. The new modem is working great with Xfinity internet. My only issue at the moment is the Stream TV app not recognizing my home WiFi setup allowing me to only play TV GO channels. I have tried signing out and reinstalling the app on my iPhone 8+.  Before the modem upgrade the Stream app worked fine ! Any help would be appreciated.

it can take 24 hours to update all the back-office databases after a modem swap out. check to be sure that the current gateway/modem is listed on the xfinity my account app, internet tab, by comparing the shown serial number to the new gateway's HFC MAC address (on its label).

Contributor

Thank you Rustyben. Yes eventually everything cleared up and the Stream TV app is working as it was before the modem upgrade. Patience is a virtue of knowledge Smiley Happy