Community Forum

Can I watch Live TV with a tablet and not lose my place whenever there's a connection problem?

New Poster

Can I watch Live TV with a tablet and not lose my place whenever there's a connection problem?

I like watching Live TV from my tablet, such as from within my own home.  It's just more convenient. However, whenever there's the slightest connection problem, when it reconnects, it skips ahead to "current time" and I totally miss whatever action or dialog just happened.  Similarly, if I "pause" it then start again, it doesn't resume from where I left off.

This makes watching Live TV unbearable.  I can watch a movie and then if there's a hiccup, Sorry Charlie, you lose out.  Is there a way to watch Live TV from the Internet without losing your place?  I have Xfinity Digital with DVR.

Expert

Re: Can I watch Live TV with a tablet and not lose my place whenever there's a connection problem?

@Louis5459 wrote:

I like watching Live TV from my tablet, such as from within my own home.  It's just more convenient. However, whenever there's the slightest connection problem, when it reconnects, it skips ahead to "current time" and I totally miss whatever action or dialog just happened.  Similarly, if I "pause" it then start again, it doesn't resume from where I left off.

This makes watching Live TV unbearable.  I can watch a movie and then if there's a hiccup, Sorry Charlie, you lose out.  Is there a way to watch Live TV from the Internet without losing your place?  I have Xfinity Digital with DVR.

since you are watching live there is no way to pause or go back in the buffer on connection issues. You may have or add DVR service and then can record the program you are watching and watch the recording in progress (pause, rewind are then available).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!