Community Forum

CBS-SD station missing in Stream App and online stream app.

Contributor

CBS-SD station missing in Stream App and online stream app.

CBS-SD station missing in Stream App and online stream app.   Also, DVR shows recorded in SD this week are not available in the streaming apps or on.   The CBS SD streaming channel jus disappeared.

Anyone else notice this?

Expert

Re: CBS-SD station missing in Stream App and online stream app.

@djlove0454 wrote:

CBS-SD station missing in Stream App and online stream app.   Also, DVR shows recorded in SD this week are not available in the streaming apps or on.   The CBS SD streaming channel jus disappeared.

Anyone else notice this?

using the smart device app 'myAccount' select the TV tab and touch the link near the top to see your channel lineup. do you see that channel number listed?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

it is listed.  also listed on the tv and the tv remote app.

missing on streaming apps and web app

Bronze Problem Solver

@@djlove0454 wrote:

Check that you're looking at all channels and not favorite channels (CBS-SD may not be one of your favorites),  also check that you don't have the High Definition filter set.

Expert

@djlove0454 wrote:

first try this.. log out of the stream app. then log back in. fixed? if not, call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to perform a deep account background refresh (of all databases) that takes up to an hour to complete. if the agent does not know about this ask for a supervisor.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

looking at all channels and not favorite channels.

High Definition filter is not set.

Contributor

logged out of the stream app then logged back in.  No change. 

if not, call 800-Comcast and select billing.  I asked the agent to perform a deep account background refresh.  the agent did a refesh that took 3 minutes.   The agent would not ask for a supervisor.  Has sent me to advanced tech support.

Advanced tech says that channel is no longer available for streaming, along with a few other channels.   no list is available.

if you record a non-streaming channel on your dvr, that recording will not be available on your streaming device...so my future CBS-SD recordings will not be available on my Ipad.

Highlighted
Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Contributor

Thank you very much.  I really appreciate it.

Official Employee

Hello, djlove0454 - 

Thank you for reaching out. I'd like to take a look at this further with you to see what's going on with this channel. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started? Thanks. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

I don't see "send a message" 😊

Official Employee

Sorry about that, djlove0454! You should be all set now, let me know if you can send me a PM.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

done

Official Employee

Thank you!

New Poster

I just noticed some channels are missing too and no longer can stream them via the app. Recent dvr recordings are unavailable. Specifically SD channels 119 - 162. That’s terrible if it’s true Xfinity removed them from streaming. 

Expert

@_MG_ wrote:

I just noticed some channels are missing too and no longer can stream them via the app. Recent dvr recordings are unavailable. Specifically SD channels 119 - 162. That’s terrible if it’s true Xfinity removed them from streaming. 

scroll back to the 10-28-2018 02:23 PM post by @ComcastAlly and follow the directions there.

Official Employee

_MG_ - 

Welcome to the forum. To check on the stream status of these channels, please send me a PM with your first and last name. Thanks! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”