Community Forum

CBS Boston channels are all distorted

New Poster

CBS Boston channels are all distorted

I can not view the regular or HD CBS Boston channela without the screen being all distorted. Is there an issue with this channel? All other seem to be working with no issues.
Expert

Re: CBS Boston channels are all distorted

@Jbonanno19 wrote:
I can not view the regular or HD CBS Boston channela without the screen being all distorted. Is there an issue with this channel? All other seem to be working with no issues.

when you are experiencing the problem use a desk/laptop or smart device and tune to the same channel.  Does the same 'distortion' happen on both the TV and smart device?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

It is occurring on the Xfinity Streaming Beta App on my Samsung smart tv.
New Poster

It does not happen on the cable box, only on the smart TV.
Expert

@Jbonanno19 wrote:
It does not happen on the cable box, only on the smart TV.

could you describe the distortion? does a smart device (phone/tablet) play the channel normally when in the same general location as the smart TV?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

The picture is many pixels scrambled all over the screen. I can heard the program, but the picture is similar to fragmented blocks and digital distortion.
New Poster

I have determined that the issue resides on the Samsung Smart TV only. I can not also watch recorded programs. I checked the roku device in another room and that stream beta app worked fine. It is only on Samsung.
Expert

how does the coax come to that set top box? splitter wiring? it sounds like there is a wiring/connector issue or an out of specification splitter or 'amp'.

New Poster

There is no coax cable coming into the TV. The Xfinity streaming beta app is loaded onto the SAMSUNG TV. The app does not work well on the Samsung platform.
Expert

Re: CBS Boston channels are all distorted SAMSUNG beta stream app

@Jbonanno19 wrote:
There is no coax cable coming into the TV. The Xfinity streaming beta app is loaded onto the SAMSUNG TV. The app does not work well on the Samsung platform.

Hi I moved the thread to the stream app area of the forum. The Samsung will need to be relocated, or perhaps the router may need to move closer, or you could try a good 'repeater' (Comcast rents a very good product). The Stream app needs a very good RF wifi connection or alternatively if your Samsung is so equipped, an ethernet connection to the router. Will your samsun connect on the 5g wifi or only on the 2.4g wifi connection? 

New Poster

Re: CBS Boston channels are all distorted SAMSUNG beta stream app

The TV is in the same room as the Xfinity modem. I just added a XFI POD in the room also. It is working now, but I also removed the beta app and reinstalled it. The issue is now resolved.
New Poster

My channel 804 (WBZ; CBS Boston) frequently has distrotion (digital). Even other channels are fine.  The issue seems to be related to WBZ TV boardcast as my anttena receiption for channel 4.1 is having exactly the same issue at the same time. 

I tried emailing WBZ but I did not  get any reply. Can comcast talk to WBZ to get their boardcast fixed. 

CBS carries a lot of local NFL games and has a lot of good programs. I hate watching TV with so many interruptions.