Community Forum

Buffering

Regular Visitor

Buffering

When trying to watch anything on the stream app it buffers terribly, sometimes to the point that the show never loads. I have zero issues with speed or connectivity on any other streaming apps (PrimeTv, Netflix, HBOGO, Showtime, etc) so I know it is an issue with the app and not my internet connection. Any suggestions?!

Expert

Re: Buffering

@Chellie312 wrote:

When trying to watch anything on the stream app it buffers terribly, sometimes to the point that the show never loads. I have zero issues with speed or connectivity on any other streaming apps (PrimeTv, Netflix, HBOGO, Showtime, etc) so I know it is an issue with the app and not my internet connection. Any suggestions?!

are you by chance in the Chicago, MN-St. Paul area?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

No, I’m in Alabama.
Expert

@Chellie312 wrote:
No, I’m in Alabama.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, Chellie312 - Are there any specific shows that have issues with the buffering? Do you try to watch a recorded show, Live TV, On Demand? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Every show, on every network has issues in both On Demand and DVR. I do not try watching live. As I mentioned, I have no issues with internet’s speed or connectivity on any other streaming apps, or any issues with general internet usage.
Official Employee

@Chellie312 - I understand but in order to escalate it further, I will need to get specific examples. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.