Community Forum

Block unwanted users from my stream app

New Poster

Block unwanted users from my stream app

This really ridiculous on how many times i have called and explained to an employee working for comcast that you can not block someone from watching your stream app, i im on hold for the 6th time waiting for security to fix the problem. You cant just change the password. Once the app is downloaded you no longer have to enter a password the app will automatically open if you do not log out. I am sick and tired of going on demand and seeing that some else has already watched the show that does not live in my home. I going to ask comcast for the last time to resolve the situation and block unwanted users or you 2 can split the bill. Im paying for someone else to watch tv. I font care how you fix it just fix it. And came up with the dumbest idea to still allow someone to access the password on the screen saver of the tv. What is the point of having a password if some can just come speak into the remote and retrieve the pw. It dont make no sense that you have to call 15 times for the same reason to get something resolved everytime i call. And yet im still on hold for over 30 minutes now. Smh
Expert

Re: Block unwanted users from my stream app

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

pirating my xstream account

a friend is still using my xstream account after i have already done the de-provision severa times with comcast over the phone. Seem like the de-provision does not work. Usernames, passwords etc has been changed with no luck.

Frequent Visitor

Im having same exact issues. They do not have to log on to still watch the app. Its frustrating to see someone i still using app. Deprovision does not work!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Pirating on Xstream app

Ive tried deprovison numerous time username changed, password etc. Someone is still using my xstream account. The problem is that Comcast does not rquire them to re logon after I changed password. Can any tell me something other than deprovisioning.

Expert

@BIgmks105 wrote:

Im having same exact issues. They do not have to log on to still watch the app. Its frustrating to see someone i still using app. Deprovision does not work!!!!!!!!!!!!

change your Xfinity password and  wifi password and request that Comcast deprovision all the streaming devices on your account. 

edit: I moved all your cross-posts to this thread

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

This does not work. We have done all of what you said. Deprovision , username, password etc.
Expert

@BIgmks105 wrote:
This does not work. We have done all of what you said. Deprovision , username, password etc.

if you have changed your password for username, and wifi password and don't give it to someone, why do you believe you have someone using your streaming account?

Frequent Visitor

I see show that was recently watch that I didn’t. The problem with deprovision it seems is that it says it will remove all device associate with the account. Which in fact it does but it will be only mines that get removed , and I go through the step of creating new pw, user etc. On the other hand my wife uses my same login in fact an old one. She can close the app and reopen with no problem without signing in.
Expert

@BIgmks105 wrote:
I see show that was recently watch that I didn’t. The problem with deprovision it seems is that it says it will remove all device associate with the account. Which in fact it does but it will be only mines that get removed , and I go through the step of creating new pw, user etc. On the other hand my wife uses my same login in fact an old one. She can close the app and reopen with no problem without signing in.

are you by chance in a condo or apartment complex?

New Poster

I am having the same problem and NOONE knows how to fix it. I’m ready to cancel the whole thing
Expert

@Rhondameyers wrote:
I am having the same problem and NOONE knows how to fix it. I’m ready to cancel the whole thing

hi, what makes you think you have unwanted users streaming your service?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

No a house. Someone is still watching shows on the app without my permission.
New Poster

I have the same dang issue. I have been put on hold several times just to remain on hold for hours. Now I get to someone explain to them the issue for the 50th time and they tell me to change my username which is so rediculous. Im about feed up with Comcast period
Bronze Problem Solver

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

I'm having same issue. Ive changed everything multiple times, but there's a person i know for a fact is STILL SIGNED IN to the stream app! Please help me stop this!
Expert

@Hrwetherington wrote:
I'm having same issue. Ive changed everything multiple times, but there's a person i know for a fact is STILL SIGNED IN to the stream app! Please help me stop this!

have you changed your wifi password and your account password? (both)

New Poster

I'm having this problem too! I need to kick my ex off my access to Xfinity!!! What did you find out????
Expert

@Jendarby91 wrote:
I'm having this problem too! I need to kick my ex off my access to Xfinity!!! What did you find out????

have you changed your wifi password and your account password? (both)

New Poster

I am having an issues with someone watching childrens Cartoons and they're not even in my household and the security department has told me the same exact things about changing passwords and security questions and passwords to the home router...Comcast is totally useless right about now

Official Employee

DRH0958, thanks for posting about your experience. I know how important account security is for you so I'd be happy to help get those users removed from your stream app viewing. I can log out all the users and that will then allow you time to change the password and refortify your account. 

Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page on the top right, you'll see an option to private message me. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.