Community Forum

Apple TV with Xfinity Stream app

Frequent Visitor

Re: Apple TV with Xfinity Stream app

Roku app with be compatible with the newest LG models IN THE NEAR FUTUREQ
Regular Visitor

Well it looks moer and more that the only reason I need Xfinity at a premium price is to appease my parents when they visit.  Total corporate move to block apple TV users from streaming.  This is exactly why you are rapidly loosing market share. 

Expert

@db89 wrote:

Well it looks moer and more that the only reason I need Xfinity at a premium price is to appease my parents when they visit.  Total corporate move to block apple TV users from streaming.  This is exactly why you are rapidly loosing market share. 

comcast video revenue is collected per TV (the mobile devices in the home are free). The roku beta is currently free.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Why not embrace all of the major players? And Apple is a major player. Xfinity is apparently “in bed” financially with Samsung and Roku. If Apple gave a kick back, would you institute a program for them?
New Poster

Now they said that they are never bringing it to the Apple TV wow
Regular Visitor

Where did you see that?
New Poster

When???
New Poster

Unfortunately, the only models for Samsung your company connects to are the high end 4K displays with 50 to 72 inch screen sizes. There is no consideration for the owners of smaller screen units.
Regular Visitor

I’m not certain how this relates to thread except that it certainly speaks to Xfinity’s lack of regard for its customers.
New Poster

Funny, just hooked up Xfinity a week ago... internet, voice... I also signed up for the Limited Plus Package... put my apple tv directly to modem...  Fox News, Fox Business... (I like watching live while I work). It actually worked for three days with little problems... live streaming... with no lock in the right hand corner....

TODAY, stopped working... <Edited>

Regular Visitor

Welcome to Xfinity. Home of the glitch and exclusions.