Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Apple TV App Activations Failing

Highlighted
New Poster

Apple TV App Activations Failing

[Apple TV 4th Gen, latest software] I don’t know why, but I can’t seem to get any apps that support live streaming to activate. I can login to my account, enter an activation code, but then the page that says the activation is completed continuously reloads and loops. The Apple TV screen never progresses and only displays the activation code. The problem seems to be a disconnect between the phone activation and the Apple TV. When the activation is looping and not progressing the activation screen on the Apple TV, the activation on my phone loops between the second and third photo. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Apple TV App Activations Failing

I’ve been having the same problem. If I use my iPhone, iPad, or Mac using safari I get this same issue. I recently tried using Chrome browser on a Windows 10 machine and it activated immediately.
New Poster

Why is no one responding to this? I am having the same thing happen. I am thinking of leaving Comcast because of things like this. I have the exact same thing happening to me. Many apps I can not sign in to.
Service Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi all, 

Are you all trying to activate the XFINITY Stream App for the Apple TV? If so, that will not work as we do not support that app via Apple TV. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

No. We are trying to authenticate individual channel apps, like the ESPN app in the images posted above. I have tried to authenticate two apps today with the same result. I think the post being in the Stream app forum section might have prompted your question. We all know to well that the Stream app was designed to be useless with Apple TV, but this functionality is assumed to be available and reliable.

Frequent Visitor

Problem was resolved by clearing website history/data from my browser. 

New Poster

Actually, clearing history does not resolve the problem. 

Comcast please resolve this issue. 

New Poster

This issue has not been resolved and in fact you did not answer the request.

Can you please tell status of resolution?

New Poster

Just adding a ping since I don't know how else to report this.

New Poster

I agree, I am running into the exact same looping/cycling process as the original request. This is the case on an ESPN app, a bravo app, and an NBC app: all on the Apple TV. This has nothing to do with the Xfinity streaming app on the iPhone, nor any Xfinity app on the Apple TV (which doesn’t exist). The photos previously loaded at the top of this thread, or identical to the ones I see, prohibiting me from watching programs and channels I pay for.
Regular Visitor

NOTE: Activation fails as described in Safari browser on iPhone or Mac. But activation succeeds if done in Firefox or Chrome

New Poster

I have also been experiencin this problem since last month.

Safari cannot authenticate and cycles as mentioned, chrome works.

Clearing the cache did fix the problem for me but I also unchecked the cross site browsing option in preferences as I think this my have an effect.

New Poster

Definitely seems to be a Safari issue, have had some other problems with Safari lately they need to get their act together.  As soon as I went to Firefox as mentioned previously, no problem at all.

Contributor

I ran into this issue while using Safari. The solution I found was to open a private window or incognito mode and activate it that way. No issues from that point forward.
New Poster

I can confirm that using a different browser works.  I just did it on my mac using firefox and it worked no problem.  What ever the issue is, it must be with safari.  

New Poster

I resolved this same issue while trying to authenticate the NBC Sports app on AppleTV with my iPhone or iPad. The issue appears to be with a new security feature in Safari. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Safari then scroll down and turn off "Prevent Cross-Site Tracking." I was able to authenticate immediately after disabling this setting.

Regular Visitor

Re: Apple TV App Activation Failure

Thanks ericodie!  I went through Apple TV NBCSports app activation many times with many codes with the appearance of success - but no go.  After finding your post, I turned off Safari “Prevent Cross-Site Tracking” setting resulting in success. 
New Poster

THANK YOU!!! I've been so frustrated with this today, and even spoke to a very nice Comcast lady who tried everything she knew to sort this out, but to no avail. I finally Googled it, and bingo! I disabled the cross tracking and am having no problems at all getting activated on my AppleTV. 

New Poster

You are a genius! This absolutely worked. My husband had been so frustrated with Comcast. I was on with a Comcast rep for an hour working to resolve this and your answer took care of the. Bless you and thank you.
Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats