Community Forum

App will insists it cannot locate my location service on Ipad

New Poster

App will insists it cannot locate my location service on Ipad

Every time I use the Xfinity App on my IPad to watch a local TV station, I get a message stating :  We want to know where you are. Go to your device settings and turn on location services.  

I go to settings, privacy, location and make sure location for Xfinity is turned on.  It is always turned on while using the App.  Also,, when riding as a passenger in my vehicle I have OnStar Access to the internet.  

What do you suggest I do?

Expert

Re: App will insists it cannot locate my location service on Ipad

@Stevenhal1328l wrote:

Every time I use the Xfinity App on my IPad to watch a local TV station, I get a message stating :  We want to know where you are. Go to your device settings and turn on location services.  

I go to settings, privacy, location and make sure location for Xfinity is turned on.  It is always turned on while using the App.  Also,, when riding as a passenger in my vehicle I have OnStar Access to the internet.  

What do you suggest I do?

when at home on same device does it work? do other devices work? desk/laptop work?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!