Community Forum

App update

New Poster

App update

Updated the streaming App yesterday, on my IPad. No longer offers a box to type in a  channel to 'jump' to, can't view tv guide while watching (unless you minimize the screen first): no 'info' button available on the show you are watching, the current time does not appear anywhere on the screen being viewed. Other annoying although maybe less impactful changes.

Am I misssing something? I deleted the app and downloaded it again from scratch but it appears to be a change from your end. Why would you lose those features? Can you point me to any improvement?

Expert

Re: App update

@Jjacobs1 wrote:

Updated the streaming App yesterday, on my IPad. No longer offers a box to type in a  channel to 'jump' to, can't view tv guide while watching (unless you minimize the screen first): no 'info' button available on the show you are watching, the current time does not appear anywhere on the screen being viewed. Other annoying although maybe less impactful changes.

Am I misssing something? I deleted the app and downloaded it again from scratch but it appears to be a change from your end. Why would you lose those features? Can you point me to any improvement?

hit the upper left corner down-arrow to minimize player and see the time, touch the minimized listing to resume. to change channel touch the triple dot upper right corner.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

But you  used to be able to do those things without stopping the show you were watching, before the update, i.e. before yesterday!  

Also, an option would be a virtual remote to plug in the number of the channel you want to go to directly, which is no longer available. There is no “info” button anymore on a show that is in the process of playing, and the time does not show up  now unless you stop the show and go to the guide. These are the changes I am finding in the updates I downloaded yesterday.  And I don’t understand how they improve the app rather than detract from it 

Regular Visitor

I absolutely agree.  These changes have not improved the app at all.  Instead they have mad it far worse.  Comcast/Xfinity - Please undo these changes and make the app useful again.