Community Forum

App pausing and downloads disappearing

New Poster

App pausing and downloads disappearing

I download some of my shows from my DVR onto my tablet to watch when I am offline.   When watching my downloads I do get my programs freezes for a few seconds at a  time consistenly getting worse as my watching continues.   I have returned downloads uninstalled and reinstalled the app many times and it still always happens.  When it freezes I close the app and reopen it.   Sometimes when I do that when I go to reopen the app ALL of my downloads are now gone off the app.   I did not return them they are just not downloaded anymore.   When I go to check my DVR it shows they are still downloaded but I can't find them downloaded on the device I downloaded them on.   

Expert

Re: App pausing and downloads disappearing

@Brunie77 wrote:

I download some of my shows from my DVR onto my tablet to watch when I am offline.   When watching my downloads I do get my programs freezes for a few seconds at a  time consistenly getting worse as my watching continues.   I have returned downloads uninstalled and reinstalled the app many times and it still always happens.  When it freezes I close the app and reopen it.   Sometimes when I do that when I go to reopen the app ALL of my downloads are now gone off the app.   I did not return them they are just not downloaded anymore.   When I go to check my DVR it shows they are still downloaded but I can't find them downloaded on the device I downloaded them on.   

did you try a different smart phone/tablet? did try to stream the same recording to see if it froze during playback at same point in the video?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: App pausing and downloads disappearing

Hi Brunie77. I see you responded on another post. I can try to help by looking into your account. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!