Community Forum

Another victim of the app thinking I'm not "at home"

Contributor

Another victim of the app thinking I'm not "at home"

Husband (tv addict) missed the beginning of a TV show the other day due to a power outage taking out our line amp.   We had internet, but not TV.  I thought I could soothe him by pulling the show up on the app and letting him stream it (on CBS) live.

I saw the show in the listings, but the app thought I wasn't at home, so it wouldn't let me watch it.

I was on my home wifi (NOT "xfinity wifi," whatever that is), connected to my Comcast internet service, using my Comcast login -- why did it think I wasn't at home?  And how do I fix it so I can use this, in the future?

Expert

Re: Another victim of the app thinking I'm not "at home"

Anon2 wrote:

Husband (tv addict) missed the beginning of a TV show the other day due to a power outage taking out our line amp.   We had internet, but not TV.  I thought I could soothe him by pulling the show up on the app and letting him stream it (on CBS) live.

I saw the show in the listings, but the app thought I wasn't at home, so it wouldn't let me watch it.

I was on my home wifi (NOT "xfinity wifi," whatever that is), connected to my Comcast internet service, using my Comcast login -- why did it think I wasn't at home?  And how do I fix it so I can use this, in the future?

is your service back up now? did you try connecting on smart devices (iOS or Android)? tried a desk/laptop? Did you receive error messages other than 'out of home'? did you try setting filters to out of home and try viewing any of the available 'live' out of home channels (to verify connection and account setup?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.