Community Forum

Amazon Prime Video Channel Problem

Frequent Visitor

Amazon Prime Video Channel Problem

I have a PGA Tour Live Channel subscription on Amazon Prime. I am trying to access the live channel through Xfinity on my TV.. It says there is an internet connection problem. I am able to access the live channel on a laptop and phone, and through the apps on my Sony smart TV,  but not via Comcast. Any ideas?

Problem Solver

Re: Amazon Prime Video Channel Problem

I, too, was experiencing this issue sporadically with MLB TV thru Xfinity Prime Video.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
New Poster

I am having the same problem. I had this problem last weekend as well. I could get the feed on my computer. The TV had audio but no video. This is really frustrating. I have been watching this stream since January. There must have been some type of block put on by Xfinity?

Frequent Visitor

I have had the same issues. I can access Prime Video for all my other viewings (movies/tv shows), this PGA Tour Live channel is getting an internet connection error. The screen message suggested going to Amazon for issue solving, but I've had no success solving the problem. I too have been watching since the first of the year. And it started giving me problems a few weeks ago. I think it's on Xfinity/Comcast end for this particular channel perhaps.

Problem Solver

I have MLB.TV subscription thru Amazon Prime and when watching thru Xfinity, sporadically I get the Internet Error referring me to Amazon for troubleshooting.  I restart the Prime Video app and it generally is ok.  Today it is acting up, freezing and sometimes the Internet Error.  Could be there is an issue with the feeds between the Xfinity/Comcast network servers and the Amazon Prime servers.

Joe V
Problem Solver

Question for Xfinity/Comcast agents:  When we use the Xfinity Prime Video app, is the stream we receive over the cable TV connection or over the internet connection?  The smart TV Amazon Prime app, of course, is using the internet connection only.

Update:  The Prime Video description on the Xfinity website says internet service is required on the account and the data used is counted for any account internet data limits.  So, it appears it may be using our internet connection for the stream.

Joe V
Problem Solver

All day yesterday, my Xfinity Prime Video was getting the Internet Error (my smart TV Prime Video app was fine).  I called and talked to support and they suggested:

1. restart my router (not my cable modem).  My router has no connection to my TV box.

2. restart my TV box (couldn't at that time)

3. remove the Prime Video app and reinstall it. (I don't see how to remove the Prime Video app from the Xfinity menus)

This morning I had time to restart my TV box and now the issue is resolved.  Unfortunately, I didn't verify that it was still occurring before I restarted the box.  Others having this Prime Video Internet Error might try restarting their TV boxes to see if that clears the issue.

Joe V
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Joe. I rebooted the TV Box. After a few attempts, The app finally booted and I got the live feed to work.

Problem Solver

Good to hear.  My MLB.TV was working fine even though there were a few intermittent 'Internet Errors' that cleared themselves and the stream continued.  Sure would be nice if Xfinity/Comcast tech support would/could chime in here to help us understand why rebooting the TV box might be helping resolve the issue.  Software issue?

Joe V
Problem Solver

Well, the Internet Connection Error came back and I was unable to access MLB.TV stream via the Xfinity Prime Video app.  I called support and was transferred to advanced tech support who I was on the phone with for over an hour.  They had me do this and that trying to eliminate/isolate what was working and not.  We determined that the Prime Video app itself was not working via the TV box as the Xfinity Pandora app worked fine and the Prime Video app on my smart TV was also fine. Finally, they recommended I take my TV box to the local Xfinity store and swap it out for a newer one with the suspicion that the 'older' box was having the issue with the Prime Video app.  I took my TV box, remote and power adapter and swapped them out with no charge.  The agent at the store said they had heard of this issue and knew that swapping boxes seemed to solve it.  They activated the new TV box on my account at the store and I was out the door in 5 mins.  I plugged it in back home and went thru the setup, accessed the Xfinity Prime Video app and after logging in to my Amazon account (and registering my TV) the app is accessing my MLB.TV subscription fine and streaming fine as well  I will monitor this, of course, but maybe this will eliminate the issue altogether.  Just restarting the TV box seemed to help somewhat, but swapping the box out hopefully did the trick permanently.

Joe V
Problem Solver

Dang.  Worked fine for the first event I streamed on MLB.TV.  It was a replay of the Cards/Cubs game today.  I was able to fast forward to where I stopped watching live to take my TV box to the store.  I stopped watching at 7:10, figuring I can replay the finish later, and I wanted to watch the start of the Royals/Tigers game live via Prime Video.  I went back to the Home page of Apps and chose the new game to watch/stream via Prime Video.  Dang again.  INTERNET CONNECTION ERROR!!!  I cannot stream another new game without getting this error.  I went out of the app, back to live TV and then back into the app.  I can still stream the first event I viewed (Cards/Cubs) without issues, but subsequent events get that error.  I'll call tech support again to report this update.  Dang.

Joe V
Problem Solver

Here's an update for anyone interested in the Xfinity Prime Video issues:

I called support again to report my results after replacing my TV box.  They wanted me to contact Amazon for troubleshooting but I refused.  Xfinity/Comcast is my provider, providing access to the Prime Video app and services beyond.  I asked to be transfered to advanced tech support who I had worked with earlier in the day.  After the transfer and re-description of my results we did some more tests and the tech did some more research for reports/outages.  He found and email of a COMCAST NATIONAL OUTAGE AFFECTING PRIME VIDEO with a duration of 2000+ hours.  It was NOT on their OUTAGE board so apparently the techs weren't aware of it.  We did a little more testing and found that accessing MLB.TV thru Xfinity Prime Video app, ONLY live events were affected, resulting in the INTERNET CONNECTION ERROR. Replaying ended events streamed fine.  He was forwarding this info to the group working the outage.  Geez.

Joe V
Frequent Visitor

Wow. You're nothing if not persistant. Haha. Thanks for getting into the details on this outage. Sounds like they're now onto something. I wondered if it was just the "live" events. I didn't have any other issues with Prime besides the live channels. Thanks for going to bat for all of us.

Regular Visitor

They have a problem. Indeed a big one, COMCAST NATIONAL OUTAGE AFFECTING PRIME VIDEO (primarily in the NE US according to the level 2  person I spoke with)! They have NO idea how long it will take to fix. There was NO, nor has there been any, notification of the outage by xFinity and or Comcast.  The only way to know if it has been fixed is to go to Amazon Prime > to the program you want to watch > wait to see if loads or if  the internet connection error message appears. 

Pathetic.

Official Employee

Hi all, 

We are aware of an internet connection error message issue associated with the Prime app on the X1 box. We are working on a fix. In the meantime, please send me a private message with your full name so I can attempt to troubleshoot. If I cannot resolve, I'll link your box to the firmware ticket engineering is working for the next firmware rollout to resolve this issue. We'll need to make sure your device levels are within specifications before we can move this to engineering. 

Thanks, 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, Ken.

I just sent you a PM.

Still this morning I am unable to access my PGA Tour LIve stream channel via the Prime Video app. Some times I get sound, but no video.  Thanks for the assist.

Paul

Official Employee

Thanks, Ken.

I just sent you a PM.

Still this morning I am unable to access my PGA Tour LIve stream channel via the Prime Video app. Some times I get sound, but no video.  Thanks for the assist.

Paul

Thanks for sending Paul, just responded. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I received a call again from tech support regarding this issue. She suggested I contact Amazon and see if it's a problem on their end, not Xfinity. I don't think it is, because I can access the PGA Tour Live stream channel via Amazon on my computer and iphone. Plus I can access the PGA Tour Live stream channel on my smart TV via the Prime Video app. Plus, I can access the PGA Tour Live stream channel pn my TV via my Apple TV box.  So, if all these other platforms access PGA Tour Live stream without a problem, would it make sense that the issue is with Xfinity/Comcast? Hmmm.

Official Employee

I agree with you. Your reasoning is sound. I'll follow up in PM. 

Ken

New Poster

Hi Paul, I am having the same issue on both X1 boxes. I cannot stream live mlb.tv games. Please help.
New Poster

Sorry Ken, I called you by the wrong name. Again, if you could help with my issue or put me in contact with someone I’d greatly appreciate it.
Problem Solver

Comcast Advanced Support had identified a Nationwide outage affecting access to Amazon Prime Video. Ticket(s) being worked. Not individual subscriber issues.
Joe V
New Poster

We are experiencing the same problem on mlbtv with the live games not playing through the Prime Video App.  Thanks to the other customers for raising and pursuing the issue!

Might Xfinity leadership provide the people on this chat (both the customers and the Xfinity customer service employees) some guidance on the ETA of a solution or guidance on how to address?   We wouldn't have subscribed to mlbtv through Amazon if we knew the Xfinity-Prime Video App was not ready to go live.   Should have been advertised as a Beta.  We really feel snookered on this.

Very frustrating for both the customers and the Xfinity customer service team monitoring this who are left in the dark. 

Official Employee

Hi all, 

If you haven't been helped yet regarding the MLB content on the Prime app on the X1 box, please send me a private message with your full name for help. 

Ken

Regular Visitor

Hi, I just purchased the MLB package via Amazon Prime on Xfinity. I went to live watch a game, and get an immediate "Internet Connection error" message. I checked. Old games stream immediately. Other Amazon Prime shows stream instantly. So this is specific problem to the MLB  package watching live games. How do I fix this? Trying rebooting, but that did nothing. Please help. Thanks Ken.

Regular Visitor

You don't say how to private message you. If I must say, this is very frustrating, and XFinity is nearly impossible to deal with.

Official Employee

You don't say how to private message you. If I must say, this is very frustrating, and XFinity is nearly impossible to deal with.

rsands9, once you post publicly, private messaging is unlocked as per our forum guidelines. If you click my name you will see an option to send me a private message. 

Regular Visitor

i did click on your name. there is no option on the screen that appears to private message you. help!

Expert

@rsands9 wrote:

i did click on your name. there is no option on the screen that appears to private message you. help!

were you logged in before clicking on the username?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

yes. i was able to send the direct message, but haven't received a reply yet.

New Poster

Hi Ken, I would like to be added as well. I too paid for mlb.tv and get the internet connection error, but get audio
New Poster

I do not see an option to PM you
Expert

@joshbren wrote:
I do not see an option to PM you

did you sign into the forum before clicking on the employee's username?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi All Please send me a private message so I can look into the Prime app issues you're having and refer this to engineering as necessary. rsands9, I got your private message and will respond today (I do not work Sundays and Mondays--that is my weekend). Chat soon. 

Ken

New Poster

Same problem with MLB.TV on X1 box.  Newer box, rebooted, reset everything.  Can oly watch recorded games, not live games.  If I let it sit on the error message, audio will come through, but not video

Frequent Visitor

And it is still the same with the PGA Tour Live stream through the Amazon Prime Video app on the X1 box. No video. Error message comes up. Sometimes audio only.

Paul

Official Employee

Yes, I've gotten reports that sometimes only audio will play. Our teams are working on a fix. Send me a private message so I can link your issue to the known one if you haven't already.

Thanks, 

Ken

New Poster

I am getting the Internet Connection Error with the PGA Tour Live Channel as well.

Official Employee

NathanWood6177, please shoot me a PM!

Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem as others:  Prime Video works fine for movies and TV shows, but live feeds on MLB.TV give audio and no video, with the No Internet connection error message.  I just now tried to view a replay to see if it would play, and this time I got error code APPS-04036 saying that the app is not available. Will PM with my info.

Regular Visitor

Having the exact same issue with Prime for over a month now. App launches, can select programs, can hear sound sometimes when playing - no video. Getting the same Internet Connection error. Not swaping my DVR just yet (even though it's probably due), since it does not seem to help. Will PM Ken to get added to the list.

Official Employee

barrhart, got your PM, thanks. 

Official Employee

barrhart, glad to hear the MLB live stream via Amazon prime- X1 is working now! Please post again if you need anything else. Has anyone else been able to stream live MLB.TV? 

Problem Solver

Live streaming of MLB TV is working tonight for me.  Has something been found and fixed?

Joe V
Official Employee

jav6joev, the general overall issue with the Prime app internet connection error is still in progress so there might have been a bug fix that resolved the MLB.TV and other live sports streaming issues via Amazon Prime. Thanks for posting all!

Regular Visitor

No Prime Videos work for us, even though they do on the FireTV plugged into the same setup. Hope this is soon sorted. It's very frustrating.
Official Employee

Hello KaraTheValkyrie, when you say no videos work can you tell me if you see an error message on the screen when trying to access Amazon Prime content? Are you using a traditional X1 cable box or one of our new Flex boxes? 

Regular Visitor

It's a X1, model PX013ANM. The error is "internet connection error" and it suggests I try the amazon help site in the "pop-up message box" on screen.
Official Employee

@KaraTheValkyrie wrote: It's a X1, model PX013ANM. The error is "internet connection error" and it suggests I try the amazon help site in the "pop-up message box" on screen.

Are you connecting to the internet with your in home Wi-Fi or are you connected via a public hotpot? When it comes to your cable box, have you tried rebooting the equipment? 

Regular Visitor

It is in my home using my XFinity router, Ethernet connection. And yes, tried multiple restarts.