Community Forum

All my channels and dvr option missing

New Poster

All my channels and dvr option missing

New account about a week old. Only live channels offered are Latino freeview ones. There are no recordings/dvr menu or options. Signed out and in, on home wifi, reinstalled app, rebooted iPad.... 

Expert

Re: All my channels and dvr option missing

lonestartcu wrote:

New account about a week old. Only live channels offered are Latino freeview ones. There are no recordings/dvr menu or options. Signed out and in, on home wifi, reinstalled app, rebooted iPad.... 

HI, did you signup for the X1 double play or triple play (TV + internet at least)? Does your package include a DVR for your home? are you logging in with your primary username/pass?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Yes to all the above. App works just fine on my iPhone i discovered. Just a problem on the iPad. 

Expert

lonestartcu wrote:

Yes to all the above. App works just fine on my iPhone i discovered. Just a problem on the iPad. 

using the gear on the iPad settings app select log off. Then log back in with the same userid/pass that you used on your cell phone.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

Thanks, but same result. I tried something new last night. I signed out and deleted the app again and then I updated the iPad to the 10.3.3 iOS. Now I have what looks like all my ToGo channels, but still no live channels, nor option to filter for in-home or show channel numbers. And still no sign of recordings or anything cloud dvr related. . 

Expert

lonestartcu wrote:

Thanks, but same result. I tried something new last night. I signed out and deleted the app again and then I updated the iPad to the 10.3.3 iOS. Now I have what looks like all my ToGo channels, but still no live channels, nor option to filter for in-home or show channel numbers. And still no sign of recordings or anything cloud dvr related. . 

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

New Poster

Much appreciated!

Official Employee

Hi lonestartcu, it sounds like your equipment has not been moved over from your old account which is why your DVR options are missing. I can get this corrected for you but I will need to verify your account information and the serial numbers to your DVR. Can you please send me a private message with your account number, DVR serial numbers, and the full name on your account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me"? 

New Poster

I tried something new that finally worked for me this morning, after I remembered that I wasn't seeing a prompt to accept the terms of activation when adding the device to stream. After I deleted the app, this time I connected to another wifi network (my phone hotspot) instead of my home network. It failed to add the device on the first attempt, but on the second attempt it prompted for accepting TOU. Everything is working as it should now. DVR recordings show, in-home live channels, etc....

Unless you did something behind the scenes , comcastAmir, I would say that using a non-XFINITY wifi to activate somehow solved it. If that is the case, I would be interested to know how this bug popped up?