Community Forum

After cable modem change, Roku gets DRM 403-102 error with Xfinity Streaming app

Frequent Visitor

After cable modem change, Roku gets DRM 403-102 error with Xfinity Streaming app

Yesterday I had to change my cable modem as it was dropping my internet connections. Now my internet is working, but the Xfinity Streaming app on my Rokus are getting a DRM 403-102 error on startup. The error message states something to the effect that I am not on my home network so it won't allow the connection.

I am on my home network and using a wired connection. Prior to the cable modem change, the Roku app was working perfectly. I made no other changes to my home setup other than the cable modem change.

I have signed out, deleted the app and reinstalled, powered down and restarted every device (cable modem, Roku, router), each multiple times, and nothing works. I reregistered the cable modem via Xfinity support also, to no avail.

The cable modem listed in my account is correct, the MAC address on the Xfinity account page matches the new cable modem I am using. The make and model are correct as well. I also called support and had them remove all old devices associated with my account.

None of this has worked for me.

Basically it seems like the new cable modem is not associated as at my home in some way. I combed the forums but no suggestion has worked. Is there something else I can do?

Expert

Re: After cable modem change, Roku gets DRM 403-102 error with Xfinity Streaming app

@Bryanck wrote:

Yesterday I had to change my cable modem as it was dropping my internet connections. Now my internet is working, but the Xfinity Streaming app on my Rokus are getting a DRM 403-102 error on startup. The error message states something to the effect that I am not on my home network so it won't allow the connection.

I am on my home network and using a wired connection. Prior to the cable modem change, the Roku app was working perfectly. I made no other changes to my home setup other than the cable modem change.

I have signed out, deleted the app and reinstalled, powered down and restarted every device (cable modem, Roku, router), each multiple times, and nothing works. I reregistered the cable modem via Xfinity support also, to no avail.

The cable modem listed in my account is correct, the MAC address on the Xfinity account page matches the new cable modem I am using. The make and model are correct as well. I also called support and had them remove all old devices associated with my account.

None of this has worked for me.

Basically it seems like the new cable modem is not associated as at my home in some way. I combed the forums but no suggestion has worked. Is there something else I can do? 

call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to change your modem 'serial number' to your new modem/gateway's HFC MAC address. it may take up to 24 hours to update all the databases.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: After cable modem change, Roku gets DRM 403-102 error with Xfinity Streaming app

The "serial number" for my cable modem on my Xfinity account page already shows up as the correct MAC address.

Expert

@Bryanck wrote:

The "serial number" for my cable modem on my Xfinity account page already shows up as the correct MAC address.

you could ask the biling agent to do a full background account database refresh (can take up to an hour) or just wait until the changes move through all the system databases.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I chatted a billing agent yesterday who ran a "full database sync", not sure if this is the same thing. In any event, it has been 12 hours and the Roku app still gets the same error. I just now requested an account refresh from billing, the agent told me to wait 2-3 hours, so we will see if this does anything.

Frequent Visitor

Latest update - Roku app still isn’t working several hours after a “database sync” and “refresh signals” sent and all devices rebooted (yet again)

5A52ED36-FBBB-4BDD-85C3-61785D84109D.jpeg

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hi, Bryanck. Thank you for posting! If the database refresh and the application troubleshooting you went through (which was all correct and thank you for doing that) didn't work, I will need to send a certain type of refresh to the modem from my end. It essentially resets the modem and syncs your username back with your modem's MAC ID and will allow them to associate properly in order to recognize that you are in fact on your home network. That is usually the last required step that is necessary if there was no resolve/success with any of the previously listed steps/attempts. Please send me a private message with your name and I'll get the signal sent over for you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thanks in advance!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Hallelujah, thanks ComcastMorgan! The signal you sent was the signal I needed. The Stream app on Roku can now connect and is working again. I'd love to know more specifics about this signal as a reference in case this ever happens to me, or anyone else, again. What would I tell a support rep to have them perform this operation? Does this signal have a specific name?

Official Employee

Good morning, Bryanck. The signal I sent was just a standard provisioning signal that I paired with a database refresh, due to the symptoms you had described. This problem shouldn't necessarily take place each time the modem gets swapped out, but I do see it happen here and there and every so often. I'm pleased to hear that your service is working again as intended and I appreciate you posting a public update. If there is anything else I can take care of for you, please let me know! Smiley Happy

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.