Community Forum

After adding new Modem, Xfinity Stream apps don’t think I’m on my home network.

Highlighted
New Poster

After adding new Modem, Xfinity Stream apps don’t think I’m on my home network.

I’ve seen similar threads to this but none of the resolutions have worked for me. Added a new Arris SB6183 modem to take advantage of the new “Blast” internet we ordered this week as well as Xfinity stream service. Registered the modem without issue and added it to my account yesterday replacing my slower modem. Internet is working perfectly, all apps connect, computer connects and we’re getting the full 250Mbps down and 10 up. My only issue is that on ALL my devices the Xfinity stream app thinks I’m not on my home network, which I am. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
New Poster

Re: After adding new Modem, Xfinity Stream apps don’t think I’m on my home network.

I am having exact same problem which started about a week ago. Customer Service has no idea what to do about it. They sent a Tech person out but he didn’t know either...still going on. Problem with the Stream App itself?

New Poster

Re: After adding new Modem, Xfinity Stream apps don’t think I’m on my home network.

Yep, just the stream app, everything else (Computers, Netflix, etc.) works fine. Internet is on but xfinity stream app doesn’t think I’m on my home wifi. I think I’m keeping my Sling TV app until Comcast can fix this issue. It’s not looking promising
New Poster

OK...for anyone wondering about possible fixes...I fixed my technical issue.  Although I'm not sure why this worked.  After 3 days of xfinity stream not thinking it was on my home wifi here's how I got it to work...I unplugged the modem for 3 hours and unplugged the router as well.  After 3 hours I powered the modem back up, let it boot completely.  Then I powered up the router (Netgear Orbi RBR40).  Now all apps on all devices recognize my home wifi.  Note, that I did the same thing 10 times over the past 3 days but I only powered down the modem for 30 seconds to a minute.  I think it has something to do with the fact that my modem was powered down and offline for HOURS before I powered it back up again.  Maybe a modem registration issue?  Maybe an IP address issue as well.  I noticed after powering the modem back up that my Dynamic IP (external) had updated itself to a new one.  Food for thought.