Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Adding support for Chromecast

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Adding support for Chromecast

I know that you support roku, but I only have a chromecast at the moment and apparnetly you block the app from working on chromecast.

I'm hoping that'll change as roku shouldn't be the only other way to access stream. I'm going to be buying a roku for another TV but I'd like to not have to buy 2 rokus.

I know the pricing is still under debate, but if you do charge for using roku, will it be per device or just 1 flat price? I may just rent a box if I'm going to be charge anyway.

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: Adding support for Chromecast

elomonaco wrote:

I know that you support roku, but I only have a chromecast at the moment and apparnetly you block the app from working on chromecast.

I'm hoping that'll change as roku shouldn't be the only other way to access stream. I'm going to be buying a roku for another TV but I'd like to not have to buy 2 rokus.

I know the pricing is still under debate, but if you do charge for using roku, will it be per device or just 1 flat price? I may just rent a box if I'm going to be charge anyway.

chromecast works perfectly with a desk/laptop. did you use the chrome browser?

All Replies
Expert

elomonaco wrote:

chromecast works perfectly with a desk/laptop. did you use the chrome browser?

Frequent Visitor

I'm doing that now, but it isn't a very good solution as I like to work on my computer while watching TV and sometimes I'm pushing my CPU up which locks up the casted tab (I have a 6 core cpu with 16GB of ram so I have a more than powerful computer to do this, but casting a video on chrome is a huge resource hog).

I'd use my tablet, but they blocked that. I really hope they undo that as that'd be the better solution for me to be honest.

I am considering a roku box, but I'm still concerned that I'll be charged for it eventually (which I'd probably just rent a box as the incentive is lost).

New Poster

Using a chrome browser isn't an acceptable solution. Needing a computer or navigating in chrome on a phone is way less convenient than a chromecast enabled app, like Hulu, Netflix, and over the top tv streaming services. 

Bronze Problem Solver

nsandell wrote:

Using a chrome browser isn't an acceptable solution. Needing a computer or navigating in chrome on a phone is way less convenient than a chromecast enabled app, like Hulu, Netflix, and over the top tv streaming services. 

When it was mentioned to use chome to cast, that is for a windows PC only, chome on a mobile device will still be blocked.

New Poster

I'm disappointed you cannot 'Cast' Using the Xfinity Stream APP on your Android Device.  The majority of the Xfintiy customers use phones and tablets.  What is the purpose of not allowing this functionality? It must be due to some revenue reason?  Greedy.  Now that Xfinity has cellualr service offerings, do they block the app on their own phone offerings?  I'd be interested in finding out.

Hey Comcast - Add CAST functionality to your Stream App and stop BLOCKING your customers from what they pay you for.

New Poster

Not acceptable!  Comcast get with the program and do what's right.

Expert

using the chrome browser using chromecast is allowed so far. Also using a desk/laptop and connecting via HDMI is still allowed (grandfathered in but only for PC's)

New Poster

Please report this to FCC.
Expert

@GtChris55 wrote:
Please report this to FCC.

would you mind explaining what you are referring to? you didn't quote a post.