Community Forum

ABC, CBS, NBC & Fox Xfinity Stream Issues

Frequent Visitor

ABC, CBS, NBC & Fox Xfinity Stream Issues

Since October 23 I haven't been able to watch any of the major network channels on my Samsung NU8000 Smart Tv.  All other channels are streaming just fine but major network channels are green/pink and don't show the picture of that particular channel.  Audio appears to be of that channel but what I could make out of the picture, it appears to be of the previous channel I was watching.  Removed the app from my TV about 6 times now and still no luck.  Anybody else having this issue?  Leven 2 tech support was no help to me at all; they had me reboot my cable box and didn't seem to understand that the cable box had nothing to do with Xfinity Stream.

Expert

Re: ABC, CBS, NBC & Fox Xfinity Stream Issues

@jdk1029 wrote:

Since October 23 I haven't been able to watch any of the major network channels on my Samsung NU8000 Smart Tv.  All other channels are streaming just fine but major network channels are green/pink and don't show the picture of that particular channel.  Audio appears to be of that channel but what I could make out of the picture, it appears to be of the previous channel I was watching.  Removed the app from my TV about 6 times now and still no luck.  Anybody else having this issue?  Leven 2 tech support was no help to me at all; they had me reboot my cable box and didn't seem to understand that the cable box had nothing to do with Xfinity Stream.

interesting. It seems you are speaking of local HD channels (in mpeg2 native as broadcast). do the SD versions of the same channel play fine? have you tried a smart device (phone/tablet) or a desk/laptop to see if they play there (to verify the actual problem is the TV/app for TV?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

T

@Rustyben wrote:

@jdk1029 wrote:

interesting. It seems you are speaking of local HD channels (in mpeg2 native as broadcast). do the SD versions of the same channel play fine? have you tried a smart device (phone/tablet) or a desk/laptop to see if they play there (to verify the actual problem is the TV/app for TV?

They work on my iphone and computer.  Clearly an issue with Samsung device all of a sudden.  SD channels don't work either.  Frustrating thing is that customer service just keep rebooting my cable box.....I keep telling them the box has nothing to do with this.  Long story short, a tech was out to the house today because they damaged by fiber cable yesterday after burying it in the ground (they had to run a new one today) and he said it's only Beta and they don't offer support for it.  hmmmmm....i specifically purchased this Samsung TV to use this application that was sold to me at time of setup.  

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

jdk1029 wrote: They work on my iphone and computer.  Clearly an issue with Samsung device all of a sudden.  SD channels don't work either.  Frustrating thing is that customer service just keep rebooting my cable box.....I keep telling them the box has nothing to do with this.  Long story short, a tech was out to the house today because they damaged by fiber cable yesterday after burying it in the ground (they had to run a new one today) and he said it's only Beta and they don't offer support for it.  hmmmmm....i specifically purchased this Samsung TV to use this application that was sold to me at time of setup.  

Hello, the information that the tech provided is correct. This app is only in beta stages at this time so there is little support, but I can document and send this information over to our engineers. To better assist you, can you please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

All I can say then is that if you're not offering support of an application that you're selling when people are signing up for your service then don't sell it!  Offer it to existing customers and run it as a true Beta.  This is frustrating as I spent over $1,000 on a Samsung TV and now I can't watch major network television.  Am I expected to go out and spend more money on a Roku device because you don't offer the application on the Amazon Firestick's that I currently own?

PS - I'm a new customer to Comcast for 4 weeks now.  Customer service is poor and the fiber line your crew finally installed after 3 weeks of it laying on the ground was damaged during install.  Now I have a new fiber line laying on the ground waiting to be buried again and i was told 7-10 days for that to happen.  I'm expecting another 3+ weeks....hope it doesn't get damaged out there.

@ComcastAmir wrote: