Community Forum

Services lists Instant TV, but I don't subscribe to it

Highlighted
Contributor

Services lists Instant TV, but I don't subscribe to it

In my Services list, I have Internet, but I also have Instant TV. I am an internet only customer. I do not nor have I ever subscribed to Instant TV. If I click on "Cancel Instant TV" is says that I am not an Instant TV customer. Yeah, I know! It's not listed on my bill, so now my bill and the website have different services listings.

I contacted support about this. They basically said to ignore it, that I'm not a customer and am not being billed, so that's it. But that's not it. It is not one of the services I subscribe to. I subscribe to one and only one service, Internet. The services listing, for a service provider, to a services customer, should only list what they have entered into an agreement to subscribe to and provide to them.

After the support call, I received a survey where I detailed this same thing, and, lo and behold, it disappeared from my online my account services listing. But now is it has returned again.

It is this type of customer service issue that causes me not to trust Comcast. Can we just get to a point of trust where the services we agree to receive will be the only ones we see in my account under our services listing? Seems like basic blocking and tackling to do so.

This is one of three current website server side issues/defects I am experiencing right now with this website. I'm frustrated with it, it does not inspire confidence, and for what little is actually there, has a high ratio of defects.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Services lists Instant TV, but I don't subscribe to it

Here's some screenshots to go with the original post I made above.

Attempt to cancel this service is met with an error message, because I'm not  subscriber.Attempt to cancel this service is met with an error message, because I'm not subscriber.I don't subscribe to Instant TV but it is listed in my services.I don't subscribe to Instant TV but it is listed in my services.

Highlighted
Contributor

Hey its the holidays, so let's sweeten the pot on this one with what I just found out:

I have Xfinity Instant TV! I took a chance and clicked "Launch Instant TV", even tho all indications so far are that this is a great big mistake, since I never signed up for it and can't cancel it. Lo and behold, I can stream Xfinity Instant TV *live*.

This is not good. I never signed up for this. I want it gone. ASAP. Customer service was useless for this, they just said before that they thought it was a promotion, but they couldn't give me any information on it at all, like how long it lasts, what the terms and conditions are for it, etc. Had I been given a chance to decline this service before ever "getting it", I would have! If the "Cancel Instant TV" link present in My Account worked, I would not be here.

I assume now that since I streamed it, I am now bound by some terms and conditions I've never had a chance to read ("...by using this service you agree to blah blah blah..."). (And certainly doesn't  show up on the User Agreements listing on My Account - see my other post here about the issues with THAT part of the website.)

This screams of service slamming, ala Ma Bell infamy. We all know Comcast is looking to drive their TV customer numbers back up. The last time I was "given" "free" TV service as an internet-only customer, after the experience that ensued, I ended up signing an affidavit in a government lawsuit against Comcast. Will this be the same?

So this is not good. Someone responsible for how Instant TV and My Account are being run really needs to be looking at what is going on here. 

Highlighted
Contributor

So, you know how Instant TV mysteriously diappeared  after I filled out a survey complaining about it before? Well it disappeared from my account again for a second time! Some serious quality control issues going on here.

Here's the latest screenshot showing it gone now:

Untitled.png