Community Forum

Cannot access My Account or use Xfi app on laptop or phone

eileenemichael
New Poster

Cannot access My Account or use Xfi app on laptop or phone

I am one of those users who will exhaust all possibilities before contacting you - but my brain is fried & I'm out of options.

I'm not a new account, although I have changed my network recently.  My usual browser is Chrome 84 on Windows 10.  I can log in to Xfinity on my laptop and my phone, but cannot get account info in any way.  I've gotten messages saying I'm a secondary user, that my phone number is being used on another account, that my account is still being verified & to come back later, and that there are problems with the site/retry.

Can you help?  I understand how hectic IT can be - my son works in the field.  Not demanding an immediate answer, but wouldn't turn one down!!  🙂

ComcastJonathan
Official Employee

Re: Cannot access My Account or use Xfi app on laptop or phone

HI @eileenemichael,

Have you tried going to www.xfinity.com/id to see which account your phone number is being used, and whether you're the primary? Try that first, and if you're still having issues private message me your service address, account number, first and last name.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastJonathan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

@eileenemichael wrote:

I am one of those users who will exhaust all possibilities before contacting you - but my brain is fried & I'm out of options.

I'm not a new account, although I have changed my network recently.  My usual browser is Chrome 84 on Windows 10.  I can log in to Xfinity on my laptop and my phone, but cannot get account info in any way.  I've gotten messages saying I'm a secondary user, that my phone number is being used on another account, that my account is still being verified & to come back later, and that there are problems with the site/retry.

Can you help?  I understand how hectic IT can be - my son works in the field.  Not demanding an immediate answer, but wouldn't turn one down!!  🙂

I am an Official Comcast Employee (On the HQ Identity Product and Serviceability Teams).
Official Employees volunteer their time outside of their normal day jobs to create the best customer experience possible. If and only if you've been tagged, you can PM us by clicking on our name and clicking "Send a Message"
ThePlummers
New Poster

Re: Cannot access My Account or use Xf'i app on laptop or phone

@ComcastJonathan, I didn't get an option to send a PM - clicking on your link just took me to a page with a list of your past posts.  I have the info you requested, so I'll await your response.