Community Forum

Will Xfinity work with Google Nest Thermostat? (after migrating to Google account)

New Poster

Will Xfinity work with Google Nest Thermostat? (after migrating to Google account)

After migrating my Nest account to a Google account, my Xfinity home automation no longer works with my thermostat. I used to be able to arm my system and my thermostat will turn off. And when I disarm my system my thermostat will turn on. My Xfinity home app will no longer let me connect my Google Nest account. 

Are you guys working on this feature? Xfinity working with Google Assistant is a MUST HAVE..

Contributor

Re: Will Xfinity work with Google Nest Thermostat? (after migrating to Google account)

I saw multiple warnings on the internet from other nest users *not* to make the account switch (I have cameras) because doing so meant losing all the interconnections to things like Comcast or IFTTT. Don’t know if this is still the case.

This is because Google is discontinuing Works with Nest program. Looks like they are going to delay the shutdown of works with nest, but if you’ve disconnected by switching to a google account, google won’t re-activate your works with nest integrations.

The only way out of this I think for you is XFINITY participating in the “works with Google Assistant” program