Community Forum

Using a light and motion sensor as a night light.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Using a light and motion sensor as a night light.

I had a rule set up where when the alarm was armed night mode and the motion sensor saw motion, it would turn on a light for 10 minutes and then turn off. I had to delete the rule because of an issue with my sensor, and with the new rule setup on the app, I can’t figure out how to reproduce that. Any help would be appreciated.
Contributor

Re: Using a light and motion sensor as a night light.

I have not seen a rule in the app yet, just the notify if motion.

XFINITY didn't quite meet their goal of replicating all the rules in the app before they shut down the old web portal
Regular Visitor

There is now a template to turn on your lights when motion is detected.  You can see it among the list of available templates to choose from.

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 3.58.10 PM.pngMotion turn on lights

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 3.58.19 PM.png

Regular Visitor

I don’t have that template on my app. I’m using an iPhone and just updated the app. These are the only two templates I have that deal with motion.
227EAA8F-6C65-4D41-9193-0AECCD4F6D7B.png
Contributor

I don't see the motion -> light rule template on my iPhone app either. Just had the AppStore check for updates and I have the latest version.

XFINITY took over my wired system. Is there an issue where the rule is only available for XFINITY wireless motion detectors?
Regular Visitor

I’m using the witeless Xfinity motion sensors and I still don’t see that template. I don’t think it has anything to do with your sensors.
Official Employee

Sorry about that I spoke too soon.  The new rule template will actually be coming in two weeks.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Thanks Tina.  Ignore my question on another thread.  Will watch for an update. 

Official Employee

The rule to turn on lights when your motion sensor detects motion is now available on mobile. Please note that due to limitations, not all WWX lights will be available for selection with this rule.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I'm still not seeing the rule in the Xfinity app. I have the latest version on iPhone
Regular Visitor

I found it at the bottom of the page to add a rule.
DA197858-2167-40B4-9D62-B4E3E6E6B357.jpeg
Contributor

Nope.

IMG_2174.PNG
Regular Visitor

That's really strange. I'm assuming you updated the app. Have you tried maybe deleting and reinstalling the app? I'm using an iPhone 7plus
Contributor

Latest version of the app.  Exact same phone.   

Is your motion detector one that XFINITY installed or one that came with an existing wired system that XFINITY took over? 

Regular Visitor

It's the Easter egg looking out one that comes from Comcast.
Contributor

I did get an answer from Comcast. It turns out that because my lights are Lutron Caseta, they aren’t supported by the rule yet where the motion detector turns on the light.