Community Forum

Stringify and Xfinity Home

Contributor

Stringify and Xfinity Home

Comcast acquired Strignify (like IFTTT) back last year and recently launched some basic integration with xFI xfinity wifi services. 

https://techcrunch.com/2018/04/09/stringify-relaunches-to-automate-the-comcast-smart-home/

At this point, I don't see any XFINITY home integration - just basic integration to the TV box (send a notification) and xFI (pause, unpause the wifi).  Any updates when it will be integrated with Xfinity Home? 

On a related note, I'm guessing this will be Comcast's alternative to providing an IFTTT or SmartThings integration.  

New Poster

Re: Stringify and Xfinity Home

This is a good question - we need integration with Xfinity Home over here in Oakland for sure! 

New Poster

Have had xfinity home for 2.5 years now, but without broader integration with amazon echo/google home, smartthings, or ifttt/stringify notifications, I'll probably cancel soon. The number of competitors that offer integraton with these services is growing, and price points are dropping to the extent that even bundled comcast packages including xfinity home are no longer a good value proposition.  I'l be paying close attention to developments with xfinity home moving forward.

Frequent Visitor

Yea I am within my 30 day window to cancel and thinking hard about it... All I want is an auto arm when I leave without having to add more equipment or platforms. Heck if they would just allow geofencing for the mobile devices I would be ok with that for now. 

Official Employee

I agree that auto-arming is a very cool feature.  I do know we are working behind the scenes on some very cool Xfinity Home stuff for later this year, but don't have any specifics on new rules or Stringify integration.

If you do happen to have a Zigbee door lock (such as one of the supported Kwikset models), there may be a way to accomplish auto-arming and disarming via our legacy rules system.   I actually have this type of rule set up myself for when I have folks watching my house while I am away -- I set the system to arm whenever the door locks, and disarm whenever the door unlocks.

Message me if you do have locks or are considering getting them and want more info!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

With IFTTT I could set my nest thermostat to away when Xfinity home was armed away. This is a step backwards not forwards. Why reject a platform that works for on that doesn't. Keep the old in parallel until the new does everything the old did, that should be the philosophy. Xfinity doesn't nor ever has gotten their customers needs and desires. I am in a market with few options. But I will be finding an alternative if Xfinity home integration is not available shortly.
New Poster

Agreed. I just had this installed and will cancel. This is garbage. If I have to take out my phone or use a stupid touchscreen to arm/disarm, you are completely missing the point of AUTOmation. Xfinity is taking the Apple approach to smart home: Way late to the game then trying to force people onto their platform by fiercely rejecting integration.