Community Forum

Push notifications for security system

Frequent Visitor

Push notifications for security system

1. Enough is enough.  I have been having push notifications on my IOS device for months now. In fact ever since I had the system installed. I either get delayed notifications or no notifications when I open or close a door. I have called support serveral  times. In fact twice for over a hour. I’m told this is being worked on. How much longer before it is fixed? It will work fine for a few days and then act up again. It’s now been acting up for 3 days now. Comcast needs to get this fixed once and for all especially on what I’m paying. I get the feeling like no one cares and too bad. Maybe I should only pay a percentage of my bill since the system doesn’t work as advertised.  I’m going to go on social media and not recommended this service telling people of the issues and support that I received. 
Official Employee

Re: Push notifications for security system

JoeJohnso1 -

I'm sorry to hear you're having such ongoing issues!

Push Notifications in general (from our service or others) can be delayed for a variety of reasons... they rely on a data, so if you have a spotty connection to a WiFi hotspot, as an example, you might experience a delay.

SMS Text messages use your cellular connection and don't rely on WiFi or Data. As a test, I'd suggest setting up a Rule to send an SMS Text Message instead of a Push Notification, just to rule that out as an issue. As long as you have a good cellular connection, the text messages should be almost immediate.

Hope that helps!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!