Community Forum

Push notification for camera movement

New Poster

Push notification for camera movement

I was told by two technicians out to my house that I could get push notifications when movement is detected on my outside cameras.   I sent back my Blink system that did that and had Comcast install 2 new cameras.   However, now a chat line representative told me these cameras do not have that feature.  Before I call someone out to remove this system I need to know if this is true.   Frustrated in Lemont

New Poster

Re: Push notification for camera movement

I was told the same thing.  Any updates?

Official Employee

Unfortunately that is not a feature that we support at this time.  You can set up text message or e-mail notifications when motion is detected on a Comcast-installed motion sensor, but not when motion is triggered by a camera.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Your cameras have the ability to detect motion as is evidenced when they are set up for 24/7 live recording.  Why then can't a rule be set up base on the built in capabilites of that the cameras have.  In most instances you can't use one of your motion sensors outside as they aren't designed for outside use.

New Poster

I was told the same thing by 3 different people and had the outdoor camera installed today and now I’m being told that it cannot be done
New Poster

I just experienced the same thing. Very frustrated about being misled by Xfinity and then wasting an hour with customer service trying turn on the notification that doesn’t even exist apparently.
Official Employee

Hello all. You can reference this link for some helpful information surrounding notifications for our Home Security system: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/home-alert-messages. What ComcastBecker said is absolutely correct. You can set this notification rule up if a motion detector detects movement, but not a camera. We do not have this feature available from camera motion detection at this time. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Valued Contributor

They want you to have to pay the $9.95/mo to get the 24/7 monitoring, which even with this you still can't get notifications even though the motion detection is active and will take video clips.  Seems like it would be easy to add the cameras as recognized devices to allow rules to be set up on.

Official Employee

All -

I would be happy to submit your feedback regarding this feature. Please know that you can still use the Xfinity Home app to view camera activity.