Community Forum

Old portal rules missing from the new iOS rules . . . need them back

Regular Contributor

Old portal rules missing from the new iOS rules . . . need them back

There are some old rules from the web portal that I can no longer edit or add with the new rules.

1) With water sensors notification there is no way to select a particular sensor for a rule.  I have three of them and I want to know which one is detecting water.  We used to have that option.  Makes no sense not to have it.  We can select particular motion sensors, for example, but not water sensors.

2) Email pictures is gone.  Motion detected, email me a photo.  At 2:00 every day email me a photo.  Used to have those options, now gone.

Official Employee

Re: Old portal rules missing from the new iOS rules . . . need them back

Hi @user1724,

For the water sensor notification rule, when water is detected from any of the water sensors, you will receive a notification that includes which sensor detected water.  So you will be able to know which one detected water.

Regarding your second comment, your existing rules will continue to work and you should still be able to see those rules.

-Tina

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Thank you Tina for the reply.  I have not set off a water sensor so I did not know the sensor name would be included.  I wrongly assumed they worked like the motion sensor rules.  I should have tried one.  The old rules had you specify the specific sensor.

As for the existing old rules working, true.  But you cannot modify them or add any new ones.  That is the problem.

Official Employee

user1724 -

Some customers who previously had access to the original version of our XFINITY Home Rules site might still be able to access it (from a PC or Laptop): Click Here

This site would allow you to edit old rules.

Unfortunately, if that link does not work for you, we are unable to add new access to the site at this point.  If that's the case, please stay tuned for additional enhancements to our new Rules interface - there's good stuff coming!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

user1724 -- Were you able to use the link provided? 

Regular Contributor

Sorry, got sidetracked for a while.  Yes, that link works for me.  Thank you.