Community Forum

Motion sensor delay

New Poster

Motion sensor delay

Hi. I'd like to set delay for my motion sensor before it triggered on movement. Last time my motion sensor triggered because of butterfly flying in front of sensor. Or change sencitivity that it recognise so small objects. How can I do it.

Valued Contributor

Re: Motion sensor delay

You use to be able to change the motion sensors, for example from Interior follower (normal) to either Interior night delay (which is probably what you are asking for) or Monitor 24hr ( will not set off alarm, but is good if you want to set rules for motion detection).  You are no longer able to do this yourself.  You have to contact Comcast and they will probably have to send a tech out to make this simple change.  Are you using outside?  Don't normally have butterflys inside.  They are not recommended for outside use.

New Poster

Hi. Thank you for reply. The motion sensor installed in garage and butterfly lives there (but I can't find where). I called to Comcast twice. First time I got answer that no any settings possible for motion sensors. The second time I got answer that settings available for sensor on my side, but I could not find any settings in my sensor or monitor or app. Also Comcast guy said that they have no settings on their side. Finally they send me a lot of PDF files how to mount motion sensor and said it's all what they have. Absolutely useless information. In addition, when I said that I want to uninstall Home Xfinity (I seriously decided to switch to Nest system) they said that my bill not going to be less as I lose bundle option (TV Internet Home). Really upset with Xfinity Home security. But now I need idea what to do with the garage sensor. BTW, police already was coming because of this sensor (butterfly) and next time I will pay for the false call.

Valued Contributor

There are the three settings that I described for the motion sensors.  They can be changed but they have to be done by a tech at your touchscreen.  There use to be a tech passcode that some of us had that would allow us to get to the tech screen that had additional options.  Comcast removed this about 9 months ago.  Sounds like you need either the delay (which will give you a count down and time to get to the touchscreen to deactive or the monitor only which can be used to send notifications or take video clips if you also have a camera in the garage.  Make Comcast send a tech out.