Community Forum

How to change or delete rules from old system

Contributor

How to change or delete rules from old system

How do you change or delete rules from the old system. I would like to change the time my doors lock at night. 

Official Employee

Re: How to change or delete rules from old system

Hey there, BIACS. Thank you for reaching out here on the forums, I'd be happy to help! I get how important it is to make sure your home is secured. Do you have the Xfinity Home app? If not, I would recommend downloading it on a mobile device or tablet. From there, you can manage rules in the Xfinity Home app. Let me know if you need any help with this! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I currently use the home app but the rule want to edit I created in the old system. How do i edit that rule?

Valued Contributor

Comcast has messed up the rules and automation in Xfinity home so bad they are almost useless.  You can't edit any old rules and many of the ones that were present via the web portal are no longer available through the app.  There are currenty no rules available for doing anything with door locks.  They are trying to push everything to the apps and in doing so have really reduced what can be done.  Comcast, please bring back access to functions on the web portal.  Not everyone uses the apps and even those that do don't want reduced functionally.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Howdy folks, 

Besides the door lock rules, what else are you trying to edit? If you send me a private message with your full name, I can reach out to our tech ops team that works with XFINITY home to look into those "grandfathered" rules and edit on them on our end. 

Ken

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Valued Contributor

WE shouldn't have to have someone go behind the scenes to edit our rules.  There were there at one time, why have they been removed and we no longer have access?  It seems like we are losing features and not getting new ones.  Also, when are we going to be able to create rules based on motion detection from the cameras?  There have been many requests for this as we can't use motion detectors outside.

Official Employee

spacecadet57, I understand your frustrations. Really I do. I have provided your feedback to my leadership. In the meantime, if anyone needs help with the grandfathered rules, please send me a private message. 

KenF