Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Home Automation rules no longer available

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Home Automation rules no longer available

Without any notice or heads up to customers xfinity switched off the ability to manage rules via web portal. A simple message is saying:

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Home Automation rules no longer available

All this link does is bring me to the home page with the same "rules no longer supported...".  After two months and hours of wasted time, I've had it with this merry-go-round.  I'm soured on the whole Xfinity operation.  I'm forced to cancel this nightmare service, and probably the entire account.  I'll gladly pay the early cancellation penalty.  Companies are only as good as their customer service.

My regards to the advanced development team! 

All Replies
Frequent Visitor

Ditto to everything thing you've stated!  Same issue, same results.  After multiple chats and calls they said my ticket was sent to the advanced developement team and to expect a solution and a call between 24-72 hours...Hah!  As of my last call, I'm now told there is no way to access the old rules portal via website, information that would have been useful to me several weeks ago as it was being installed. My phone will not accept the mobile app so this POS system is usless to me.  The agent was kind enough to provide me with information on cancelling the service...without me even asking!  How considerate!  (extreme sarcasm!).  

So, if you don't have a smart phone or one with at least Android 4.4, Xfinity Home Security does not need you as a customer.  Sidenote:  My local service center didn't even now about this change...imagine that!  

P'd off customer of 15 yrs 

Regular Contributor

@peteshaferSame here, the locals didn't know; the support didn't know, the sales rep didn't know, the customer service didn't know...
unbelievable!!!

@peteshafer wrote:

Ditto to everything thing you've stated!  Same issue, same results.  After multiple chats and calls they said my ticket was sent to the advanced developement team and to expect a solution and a call between 24-72 hours...Hah!  As of my last call, I'm now told there is no way to access the old rules portal via website, information that would have been useful to me several weeks ago as it was being installed. My phone will not accept the mobile app so this POS system is usless to me.  The agent was kind enough to provide me with information on cancelling the service...without me even asking!  How considerate!  (extreme sarcasm!).  

So, if you don't have a smart phone or one with at least Android 4.4, Xfinity Home Security does not need you as a customer.  Sidenote:  My local service center didn't even now about this change...imagine that!  

P'd off customer of 15 yrs 

Regular Contributor

btw.: I wrote to Tom Karinshak

Frequent Visitor

Good idea, I'm doing the same.

Iris home security and DTV are looking pretty good to me right now.  Since Xfinity has wasted almost a month of my time with promises and outright useless information, I'm forced to leave town with inadequate protection.  I keep thinking this was just a design flaw and will be corrected.  The lack of action tells me this is not the case.  

Regular Contributor

@peteshafer wrote:

Good idea, I'm doing the same.

Iris home security and DTV are looking pretty good to me right now.  Since Xfinity has wasted almost a month of my time with promises and outright useless information, I'm forced to leave town with inadequate protection.  I keep thinking this was just a design flaw and will be corrected.  The lack of action tells me this is not the case.  

It looks like I shake them up, got a call from his office. I also tweet about this. On their website is a link to Tom's mail and you need to fill out a form, explain the issue. I got a response from his business manager within 2hr. The fastest ever I have seen from XFINITY. 

Valued Contributor

Just sent form with feedback to Tom Karinshak also.  Definately not the first time Comcast has made dumb desisions that seem to be make without any thought or feedback from it customers.

Regular Contributor

@spacecadet57 wrote:

Just sent form with feedback to Tom Karinshak also.  Definately not the first time Comcast has made dumb desisions that seem to be make without any thought or feedback from it customers.

excellent!

Valued Contributor

Got a fast response back but it was pretty much BS about how much they listen to the customer base and that their goal is for all customers to have a superior customer experience.  So, in other words, nothing is going to happen.

Regular Contributor

@spacecadet57 wrote:

Got a fast response back but it was pretty much BS about how much they listen to the customer base and that their goal is for all customers to have a superior customer experience.  So, in other words, nothing is going to happen.

you are right. After endless mails, no call back as promised and endless PM via Twitter, the result is: we don't do anything.

Very arrogant.

Twitter:

At this time I have submitted your feedback in hopes that we can find a better way to serve you in the future. I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. If there's anything else you need assistance with, please let us know. If not, please have a good rest of your week. -ME

-- via mail ---

Dear Mr. xxxxx   

I’m glad to hear you received an answer to your question and I truly apologize that the answer given wasn’t to your liking. We appreciate your feedback and if you have any additional concerns, please don’t hesitate to reply to my email.

Respectfully,

Luke O.

Office of Tom Karinshak

Valued Contributor

Pretty much boilerplate replys.  Mine had much the same wording.

Regular Contributor

@spacecadet57 wrote:

Pretty much boilerplate replys.  Mine had much the same wording.

this is so unreal...

short version of summary:

• Since 15 days I’m not able to change or edit rules at Xfinity Home Webbpage
  • support team was not aware about the change another team made (switch off the legacy application and move to Android or iOS devices)
  • wrote feedback to Tom Karinshak. Ends up on square one: go to the website says the decicated support agent. But this website no longer works for Home Automation
  • asked online support if Kindle Fire is supported. It was confirmed. Result: the app is not in Amazon Appstore but only in Google Play
  • However, got it installed with twist and tweaks. App is not working with existing rules. I’m not able to edit or view rules. Online support says: delete all rules (btw. running for 4 years flawless until they switched the home automation website off) and install new rules. This is not only unacceptable, it’s technology wise impossible because the app is not working with old rules (back to square 1 again)

Bottom line:

• xfinity don’t deliver what I paid for
  • xfinity promised and don’t deliver
  • xfinity cause trouble and costs

and nothing happens

Official Employee

ES2042, thanks for reaching out here. If you cannot access the app due to lack of a smart device or a smart device that does not support the app, you can utilize the legacy portal to manage your rules. Please visit here: 

https://www.xfinityhomesecurity.com/sp/homepage.html?checkAlarms=true

Regular Contributor

@ComcastKenF wrote:

ES2042, thanks for reaching out here. If you cannot access the app due to lack of a smart device or a smart device that does not support the app, you can utilize the legacy portal to manage your rules. Please visit here: 

https://www.xfinityhomesecurity.com/sp/homepage.html?checkAlarms=true

@ComcastKenF , this is going in circles for 2+ weeks now. Have you tried the link you posted? It simply said you switched off the Web Application.

copy paste :

For that reason I need to buy a iOS based device or a Android device. Unacceptable!!

Second, this is not a question of lack of a smart device or not supported smart device. This is a lack of your customer responsiblity. I have only original Smart Devices Xfinity Home delivered. 

Yesterday, after 3hr additional phone calls, handed over to different agents and support guys, one of you found out that you switched off the legacy web application for home automation due license issues you have. That's interesting. How can you sell something to your customers which is not completly cooked?

Regular Contributor

@ComcastKenF  now the best thing!!! After endless calls etc. its running on one of this -for mu useless- Android devices, but!!!!! the old rules can only be switched on and off! You are no longer able to modify them. Unbelievable!

So, the only way now is to create rules but you need to live with preconfigured rules comcast is throwing over the fence. As an example: you are not able to create a simple rule "if armed away, set thermostat to 60F". Or a rule "if disarmed, set thermostat to 73F"

Frequent Visitor

All this link does is bring me to the home page with the same "rules no longer supported...".  After two months and hours of wasted time, I've had it with this merry-go-round.  I'm soured on the whole Xfinity operation.  I'm forced to cancel this nightmare service, and probably the entire account.  I'll gladly pay the early cancellation penalty.  Companies are only as good as their customer service.

Valued Contributor

So I guess the best answer is that Comcast isn't going to do anything about bringing the rules back to the web portal and we can just deal with it or go somewhere else.  Humm, what a solution.

@peteshafer wrote:

Regular Contributor

@spacecadet57 wrote:

So I guess the best answer is that Comcast isn't going to do anything about bringing the rules back to the web portal and we can just deal with it or go somewhere else.  Humm, what a solution.

@peteshafer wrote:

even worst: the apps they have just have predifined rules. Your old rules can't be modified, you need to delete and creat "new" rules out of the pre-configured portfolio..... thats it... this is NOT home automation and security :-(

And it's interesting that non of online Comcast support guys responed to this thread.

Thanks to the support team, thanks to developer team (sarcastic)

Regular Contributor

Hilarouis, got a survey for the Executive Customer Support.

The website crashed 3x. After this error message. Capture s.JPG

New Poster

The problem I’m having is automation page not longer loads on my iPhone 7 Plus. Just a blank screen. Phone is up to date. So can’t change/add/view rules on phone or on line. Grrrrrr.....
Regular Contributor

@smrpuggles wrote:
The problem I’m having is automation page not longer loads on my iPhone 7 Plus. Just a blank screen. Phone is up to date. So can’t change/add/view rules on phone or on line. Grrrrrr.....

what was your expectation :-) a flawless application ;-)?

Official Employee

Some customers who previously had access to the original version of our XFINITY Home Rules site might still be able to access it from the URL below.

This site would allow you to edit old rules.

Unfortunately, if this does not work for you, we are unable to add new access to the site at this point.

https://www.xfinityhomesecurity.com/sp/rulespage.html
Regular Contributor

@ComcastBecker wrote:
Some customers who previously had access to the original version of our XFINITY Home Rules site might still be able to access it from the URL below.

This site would allow you to edit old rules.

Unfortunately, if this does not work for you, we are unable to add new access to the site at this point.

https://www.xfinityhomesecurity.com/sp/rulespage.html

why are you guys repeating this? You lost the licence and need to switch of the web access for rules. The only available platform at the moment is Android, and even more worst: not all OS versions. And, only with pre configured rules comcast deliver. You should step up and deliver what customers paid for.

Frequent Visitor

I"m tired of wasting my time on this.  The links being provided are usless.  Clearly, no thought for the consumer is being considered.  I understand systems need to be upgraded, but the total lack of communication to tech support and retail outlets regarding these changes is astounding.  Rather than stringing us along with useless links, just say it won't work so we can shop for a system that will.   My temporary solution was to buy an inexpensive up to date Android tablet ($70.00).  Another piece of equipment, but at least the app downloads.    

Regular Contributor

@peteshafer wrote:

I"m tired of wasting my time on this.  The links being provided are usless.  Clearly, no thought for the consumer is being considered.  I understand systems need to be upgraded, but the total lack of communication to tech support and retail outlets regarding these changes is astounding.  Rather than stringing us along with useless links, just say it won't work so we can shop for a system that will.   My temporary solution was to buy an inexpensive up to date Android tablet ($70.00).  Another piece of equipment, but at least the app downloads.    

believe it or not... after all this hazzle, endless mails and calls, buying new hardware... the old rules are back on this page. 

Frequent Visitor

In my case, this brings me to a login page that does not recognize my user name and password.  I have called on this several times and got the same BS double talk that I've come to expect.  Thanks for the suggestion, however.  Glad it works for you.