Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Google home integration to xfinity home automation

New Poster

Google home integration to xfinity home automation

Is there any way to integrate Google home to xfinity home automation. I have no interest in really changing channels, though it would be nice, I am interested in the alarm, lights, camera, locks and other various home automation settings.
Official Employee

Re: Google home integration to xfinity home automation

@Avigliaturo wrote:
Is there any way to integrate Google home to xfinity home automation. I have no interest in really changing channels, though it would be nice, I am interested in the alarm, lights, camera, locks and other various home automation settings.

Not at this time.

New Poster

Thanks for telling me what I already know. "not at this time" very informative. Integrating it would be nice. As there is o way you can compete with what it does, it only complements your existing and future services.
Official Employee

@Avigliaturo wrote:
Thanks for telling me what I already know. "not at this time" very informative. Integrating it would be nice. As there is o way you can compete with what it does, it only complements your existing and future services.

Glad I could answer the question that you asked. Here's a link to what is compatible

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/works-with-xfinity-home-devices

Valued Contributor

If you don't consider intergration with one of the major systems, ie, Google or Amazon, then you are not going to be able to compete with other security sytems that are.  Your Xfinity App isn't cutting it and you are going to be left in the dust.

Official Employee

Hi @spacecadet57,

You mentioned in your post an interest in connecting Xfinity home automation controsl with the Google Home.  To clarify, is the interest in being able to control your alarm, lights, camera, locks and other various home automation devices via voice commands to your Google Home device?  Xfinity home supports the ability to use voice to control your home devices using the X1 voice remote.  Here are some tips and tricks on various voice commands you can make. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/voice-command-tips-xfinityhome.