Community Forum

Automated phone calls

New Poster

Automated phone calls

My husband recieved a call saying that  security was down in the area, and could affect 911 calls.  This came from the 1-800-266-2278 number.  It was an automated call.  His name and phone number is no where on our bill, and we don't have Xfinity mobile.  Anyone else getting this?  Is it part of a scam?  Spoofing the number?  I told him to block it, since he has no need for it.

Official Employee

Re: Automated phone calls

Hi jojo1216, 

This is a legit phone call. If you have our home security system on your account, it is very important that you address this matter. This is a phone call that we send out after your security system loses connectivity. If this is not addressed immediately, in the future, it could be a possibility that the Central Monitoring Station is not alerted in the event of an emergency. This is not something we want! 

I would like to schedule a technician for you as soon as possible to make sure you are protected. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message so I can do so? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!