Community Forum

Any new rules coming?

Contributor

Any new rules coming?

It feels like XFINITY has just settled at selling a basic security system. It feels like any new rules or features are largely abandoned. Should we just call it XFINITY Security and be done with it?
Official Employee

Re: Any new rules coming?

Hi, norstar. Thanks for posting. Our Xfinity Home Security has lots of features that you can find out more about here: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/home-security/features. If you have any specific questions regarding them, let us know. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Several of us have noted the rules and features we’ve lost when the web portal was “replaced” with the mobile app. We’ve asked several times when the web app will match what is available in the app and no answer.

We’ve asked about Stringify integration (an app you bought) and nothing.

I’ve invested a few hundred dollars in surrounding tech (lutron caseta) only to be told things like “oh, the motion detector turning on a light rule doesn’t work with our partner devices”

There’s a lot of us who want XFINITY home to succeed and see its potential. Other products like Nest and SmartThings have forums where people involved in the product roadmap actually engage with customers.

While I’ve appreciated the troubleshooting help offered by this forum, I keep feeling like there isn’t a long term plan for the service.

I’d love to be proven wrong because I talk about the service a lot of friends.
Official Employee

It is a work in progress, especially with 3rd party devices and equipment. That can lead to lots of compatibility issues. Any additional feedback you have, I'll be happy to pass along.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Valued Contributor

Intergrate with Alexa and or Google.  Your main competition ADT does and if you don't you are going to lose customers big time.

Official Employee

spacecadet57, I'll be sure to submit your feedback, thank you for reaching out. Feel free to reach out again if you need any assistance.