Community Forum

what is the best and most economical telephony modem to purchase that is compatible with Comcast

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

what is the best and most economical telephony modem to purchase that is compatible with Comcast

what is the best yet economical telephony modem to purchase that would be compatible with comcast/xfinity

Contributor

Re: what is the best and most economical telephony modem to purchase that is compatible with Comcast

Depends what you mean, trying to combine "Economical" with "Best"

Are you looking to use this modem for Phone Service only? Phone + Internet?

Is built in Wi-Fi a valued feature?

Assuming you are using the Phone/eMTA Modem for Internet as well, what speed Internet service are you getting from Xfinity?

That being said, in terms of Ascending Prices, the only Phone/eMTA modems that Xfinity supports for Retail purchase that are available today are: Arris TM722G, Arris TM822G/TM822R, Arris TG862G/TG862R, and Arris SVG2482AC

New Poster

Re: what is the best and most economical telephony modem to purchase that is compatible with Comcast

I know this is a few months old. Last year I asked the same question to come techs as I was so over paying monthly for my old Comcast telephony modem. I already have a high end internext medem for internet and only needed a telephony modem. I settled on an old Arris Model TM402G/110 I bought off eBay for $10 delivered. Took me 8 minutes to set up with Comcast rep and all bars are 100%. This month (Nov 2017) I asked the Comcast tech dept if I should upgrade to newer model and they said there is no need as it is working great. So there you go.