Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

voice message indicated,but no message

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

voice message indicated,but no message

on my phone for 3 days now the MESSAGE light blinks indicating there is a message and the phone display show a "letter" emblem also indicating a voice message.

when i check the voicemail it says no messages in mailbox.

i tried checking with the email-voicemail part of comcast but it also shows 0 messages.

i want to stop the blinking of the message indicator because it seemslike there is always a mixed message and we constantly check to see. is there a way to reset the phone and or the system?

thanks for any help

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: voice message indicated,but no message

You can call your phone and leave a new voice message. And then listen to it and other new messages if you have. The network should send a refresh signal to your phone.

If it doesn't work, please call customer care and ask for a MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) refresh. The agent can refresh it for you remotely.

All Replies
Official Employee

You can call your phone and leave a new voice message. And then listen to it and other new messages if you have. The network should send a refresh signal to your phone.

If it doesn't work, please call customer care and ask for a MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) refresh. The agent can refresh it for you remotely.

Frequent Visitor

great answer from zhou...worked exactly the first time I tried it!