Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

voice mail

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

voice mail

How do i delete  erase old voice mail calls in and out and answered or unanswered.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: voice mail

Hello,

Call 1-800 comcast

Expert

reasd wrote:

Hello,

Call 1-800 comcast

Don't waste your time calling Comcast. They won't be able to erase or delete anything for you.  
For voice mail deletions an easy way to do it is sign to Xfinity Connect in as the PRIMARY user account.

Click the Voice tab.

You will see a list of voice mails that you have received.

Put a check mark in the box next to From which will select all voice mails. Then just above it click Delete.

OR

You can click each one separately. They will show up in the pane to the right, where you can click Delete OR click Delete just above the From box.

As for Missed, Answered and Placed calls, you cannot delete them. Those are held in your call details for 90 days then automatically deleted.

New Poster

I am unable to connect to my email or voice mail. This is not good as this is how people are contacting me. With this happening I am loosing income. I have tried all of the things that are advised by the many pages that pop up from comcast. What is happening I need to know.

Official Employee

Make sure you have proper Comcast username and password to get online. Or use *99 and delete/access them through your phone
New Poster

Before I change my phone number I don't have no problems with my voice mail and to received the test message. After I change my phone number I am not able to reset my voice mail, forward message, etc. In the preferences said "voicemail notification settings are currectly unavailable and same with readable voicemail. It's important for me to receive the voicemail notification, since I don't arrive to my home at certain time. I preferer to answer phone calls as soon that I receive it, in specific, doctors messages.

Since that happened, I sent up my own answered machine.

Thank you

Expert

edith525 wrote:

Before I change my phone number I don't have no problems with my voice mail and to received the test message. After I change my phone number I am not able to reset my voice mail, forward message, etc. In the preferences said "voicemail notification settings are currectly unavailable and same with readable voicemail. It's important for me to receive the voicemail notification, since I don't arrive to my home at certain time. I preferer to answer phone calls as soon that I receive it, in specific, doctors messages.

Since that happened, I sent up my own answered machine.

Thank you

Make sure you setup your answering machine to ANSWER the calls BEFORE the schedule RINGS in the COmcast VM system.... you can go into your VOICE Preferneces and make sure that has been taken care of....  in this manner, ONLY your Answering Machine will be used and Comcast VM will be dormant!

Great job!

-=Ray=-

New Poster

Thank you for answered my post.  I prefer to use Comcast voice mail, but still not working, this is the message that post up and the same with checking voicemail.

Readable Voicemail Notifications

Temporarily unavailable
Collapse

Voicemail Notifications settings are currently unavailable.

Thank you,