Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

unwanted calls

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

unwanted calls

I need to shut the phone off so I don't get any calls from people i don't want to call me anymore

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: unwanted calls

I will try * 57 thank you

All Replies
Silver Problem Solver

As these are customer to customer message boards, we cannot look at your account or make changes.If you want to disconnect your phone entirely, You will need to contact Comcast at 1800COMCAST/1800XFINITY, via online chat, going to a local service center, email, Twitter, Facebook, or the Comcast Direct Forum

You can also try annonymous call rejection *77, call screening *60, and for those harassing/threatening calls, call trace *57, 

New Poster

I will try * 57 thank you

New Poster

We are getting a large number of unwanted calls since we transfered over to Comcast guys.

We have registered on "Do not Call list" prior to the transfer. We are getting very unhappy to say it

without using some strong words. If this keeps up we mayhave to pull the plug on the phone! And maybe Comcast totally. Can't you guys stop these stupid call for everything under the sun.

Explain these number you sited previously  (57) and others??

Silver Problem Solver

Comcast (or any phone provider) has no control over the people that call you, or the previous owner of the number and their habits. Any time you are given a new number from any company, you take a chance that the number was previously owned by somoeone that didn't pay their bills, or they had friends that constantly harass that number.

Not sure what you need explained, the feature names are self-explanatory.

Annonymous call rejection ... it rejects annonymous calls.

Call screening ... it screens the calls.

Call trace ... it traces the call.

New Poster

You will find that *57 is often not a free service. In most locations or networks this costs $1.00 per use.