Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

phone service

Frequent Visitor

phone service

hi...I have no phone service...I have emailed both comcast and the guy Larry from here...I had phone service - there was a power outage - no cable service at all for two hours - and now days without phone...I have a special needs child and need the phone to work...this is the response I got for al my efforts...why would they give me a phone number to contact if I have no phone service...and no the cause of the power outage did not happen at my home but blocks away at a horrible accindent...so why is the phone still without dial tone? no the problem is not my phone...no it is not my wall jack...the accident did not happen in my kitchen...if I can't get this resolved I want a refund for my monthly service which is just one of the comcast features I pay for that I do not recieve...thinking about going to action news with this but will see my attorney first and see what she says

this is the voice mail they left me in response

You have a new Voicemail message from: 866-518-7327.

"Hi this is(?) hi this message is for Ms. Emery Welsh my name is Roger I'm calling from the Comcast corporate office 8568216261. Once again my name is Raj. 856321626160 calling in reference to some issues that you're having with our services. Thank you and have a good day."

New! Send and receive free text messages with the XFINITY Mobile app.

Send and receive free text messages from your iPhone,iPad,iPod Touch,or Android device using your home phone number.Even text from the web with XFINITY Connect.No wireless texting plan required!

Visit www.comcast.com/textmessaging to learn more

** This is an automatically generated email message - please do not reply. **

Frequent Visitor

Re: phone service

this is what I just recieved...again they want me to call...really? I mean REALLY ???

"Hello my name is Jennifer I'm calling from Comcast corporate office. I was following up from my coworker Russian who is trying to reach you. I guess I'll maybe Eric called you today. I was just following up to us to give us a call when you get a chance. I can be reached at 3025042069(?) and Ross can be reached at 8568216261. Thank you."

Send and receive free text messages from your iPhone,iPad,iPod Touch,or Android device using your home phone number.Even text from the web with XFINITY Connect.No wireless texting plan required!

Visit www.comcast.com/textmessaging to learn more

Frequent Visitor

Still no phone service....still no help...the following is what I received today...I have had it...sent out email to Brian Roberts, Lucille Fital, Michael Angelaksis, David Cohen...I included every email sent back and forth - along with my request for help from the Larry here who still has not gotten back to me...maybe I will get some help now...unless of course I am not sayin "I HAVE NO PHONE SERVICE" correctly...

Dear Ms.*****,

Thank you for contacting Comcast with your questions and concerns.  We value your business and would like the opportunity to resolve your issue as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, our attempts to reach you have been unsuccessful.

I attempted to contact you on behalf of my coworker, Rajen Joshi, who is currently out of the office.  If you still require assistance, he can be reached at 856-821-6261, and I can be reached at 302-504-2069.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Hague

Executive Support Analyst, Freedom Region

300 N. Wakefield Dr.

Newark, DE 19702

Desk: 302-504-2069

Fax:  302-661-8297

Frequent Visitor

An they say they are from corporate....I would like to know the requirements for such jobs..

"Hello this is Sammy leave(?) the Comcast corporate office. I understand that you are having problems with your phone service. I like to be able to help you out with that. My direct number is 3024562116 and you can reach me between twelve thirty and five pm Tuesday through Saturday. I do look forward to your call. Thank you."

Visit www.comcast.com/textmessaging to learn more

Gold Problem Solver

Have you considered finding/borrowing a phone from somebody/somewhere and calling them back? Have you tried chat?

Frequent Visitor

this morning I received four emails from comcast...one from here - the forums - two from comcast and one from corporate...all asking that I call them...my son has explained to me that these are all autogenerated and not sent from actual people

and Bruce I appreciate your trying to help but no - I never considered borrowing a phone from someone else...I expect help from Comcast especially since I pay as much as I do for their service....It has been a week and they still have never sent anyone out to look at the lines (outside)...and I have used their chat in the past and that is a story for a different forum...I emailed several members of the corporate office and am assuming someone there has at the very least a highschool diploma and can understand that when someone says their phone service is not working they should not send them an email asking for them to call but instead find out why the phone was never turned back on after a neighborhood shut down

Frequent Visitor

It has officially been a week now without phone service...today two emails requesting I call...

New Poster

Have you EVER actually called Comcast?  It takes nearly 10 minutes on average just to get to the first stage... the proper department.  On-hold times can range from 1 to 120 minutes. Getting a person to deal with your problem can often take more than 90 minutes on top of that.  Of the dozens of times I have called with a service, billing, or website issue, it has NEVER taken less than one hour and twenty minutes to complete... NEVER.  Oh, and just wait if they repeatedly disconnect you... then you get to do it all over again, since they usually don't call back, and never pass the disconnected number back to the same agent.

If they borrow a phone, it better be a landline, or a cell with unlimited minutes and a full battery!

Now I'm trying to figure out why they would call with a blocked Caller ID, especially when all such calls are not to blocked, themselves.  I don't answer blocked IDs or numbers.