Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

phone rings once then straight to voicemail

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

phone rings once then straight to voicemail

Using comcast voice services in my office - we forward calls based on who is in charge of the phone each day. When my bosses forward to me (meaning it is supposed to ring on our office phone and not thier cell phones - should mention that the office phone and phone line we pay for through comcast are married to each other) I get one ring and then all calls go straight to voicemail. 

HELP! I need to be able to run the phones!

Expert

Re: phone rings once then straight to voicemail

ACarlee89 wrote:

Using comcast voice services in my office - we forward calls based on who is in charge of the phone each day. When my bosses forward to me (meaning it is supposed to ring on our office phone and not thier cell phones - should mention that the office phone and phone line we pay for through comcast are married to each other) I get one ring and then all calls go straight to voicemail. 

HELP! I need to be able to run the phones!

If this is Comcast Business Voice Services, you will have better luck asking in that arena.... this is the Residential Voice Service Help & Support forum.  Business Support is here:  http://businesshelp.comcast.com/help-and-support

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

New Poster

No this is MY PROBLEM! ONE RING...I SEE THE CALLER ID ON TV BUT DIAL TONE ONLY IMMEDIATELY AFTER ONE RING NOT ABLE TO ANSWER!!!!!
New Poster

Sorry, I do not have a solution, however, I have a similar problem: Incoming call rings one short ring and stops. No caller ID is displayed. I saw a reference to call forwarding somewhere here. Will update if I find a solution.