Community Forum

my phone number

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

my phone number

On 6/3, there was an outage in my area basically all day.  When I tried to call Comcast, they asked for a phone number.  I typed in my cell phone number and they gave me the 1st few numbers of my old address.  I then typed in my Comcast phone number and they gave me the 1st few numbers of an address that was not mine.  I logged in today and discovered the phone number has changed.  When did that happen and why?  How do I update the information? Will I get a discount for not having service?

Official Employee

Re: my phone number

Hello dabber5,

I would like to look into this for you further from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Frequent Visitor

I sent a pm.  Did you receive it?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Sounds pretty much what I've experienced.  Yes, we are happy to help you today - and promises, promises, but the problem is still there.  After muddling through past bills, I've discovered the month the # changed, but I didn't discover it changed until there was an outage.  I have pm'd the Comcast person who posted here, but have not had a response.  A few minutes ago, the phone rang but I wasn't able to get to it in time.  The caller ID said it was Comcast, but they left no message. Although not happy with the type of service I am receiving, it's nice to hear at least I'm not the only one.  I receive solicitations to sign up with other providers and am seriously thinking of doing so.  On top of all this, my bill increased $30 from the previous month.  Go figure!  

Admin1

Hi dabber5 -- I reviewed your account and can help with your phone and billing issue. I made attempts to see if we'd be able to restore the phone number you previously had. Unfortunately given the length of time this has been changed we'd be unable to restore it. This number was re-issued out already to another customer. Your bill went update do to a promotional discount expiring. We do have new ones available that can get you close to what you were paying before. Please let me know if you are interested in doing that.