Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

incoming call blocking

New Poster

incoming call blocking

I just learned that I cannot block individual numbers with comcast, if this is true I will be changing service providers. All of the other providers that I have used offer the service. You should seriously consider adding it to your services. David 
Regular Contributor

Re: incoming call blocking

I have never had to use this feature but maybe this might be as useful:

What is Call Screening and how do I use it with my Comcast Digital Voice® service?
When you don't want to be interrupted by certain callers, Call Screening allows you to create a list of up to 12 numbers that will receive an announcement indicating you re not presently accepting calls.
To use Call Screening:
Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
Press *60.
A menu of options will guide you in managing this feature.  The prompts will enable you to activate and deactivate the feature as well as add, delete, or review the numbers on your list.
To cancel Call Screening:
Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
Press *80.
When prompted press 3 to turn the feature off.
Note: When creating your list, enter the area code plus the 7 digit number for both local and domestic long-distance numbers.

New Poster

This doesn't work for people who use blocked or private numbers to harass you. This is useless!
Expert

You could try Anonymous Call Blocking.
Expert

I think anonymous call blocking is *77

in any event here is a link to all of the features available to you

http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/board/message?board.id=47&view=by_date_ascending&message.id...

New Poster

Hey...Thanks for the walk through on screening calls with Comcast!

New Poster

every afternoon i get a call from the same number, but there is no one there...after 30 seconds i hear a busy signal.  I really don't want to get calls from this numbrer any more.  I have added the number to my list of up to 12 numbers for this service. So, does this mean this number is blocked from calling me? Im not sure how call screening really works, I've never used it before and haven't had a landline in over 10 years!

Regular Visitor

I am using this forum for a complaint as I was not given access to a supervisor when I called with my complaint earlier today.  I get several invasive calls from 'private caller'.  The line is dead when I pick up, no one is there.  The technician I spoke to denied being able to do anything about it, but this is not an acceptable answer for me.  If Comcast is providing phone service than include how to remove harrassing calls from a subscriber.  I will look to find where I might find some consumer protection regarding service on my phone line. 

New Poster

What is Call Screening and how do I use it with my Comcast Digital Voice® service? When you don't want to be interrupted by certain callers, Call Screening allows you to create a list of up to 12 numbers that will receive an announcement indicating you re not presently accepting calls.
To use Call Screening:
Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone. Press *60. A menu of options will guide you in managing this feature.  The prompts will enable you to activate and deactivate the feature as well as add, delete, or review the numbers on your list. To cancel Call Screening:
Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone. Press *80. When prompted press 3 to turn the feature off. Note: When creating your list, enter the area code plus the 7 digit number for both local and domestic long-distance numbers.