Community Forum

can comcast voice be set up by oneself after purchasing needed telephony modem?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

can comcast voice be set up by oneself after purchasing needed telephony modem?

Is there any reason why i cannot set up infinity voice service in my home after installing the compatible telephony modem?  I have an att telephone with  answering machine with main  or mster setup  with 3 remotes.  comcast tells me you have to have a techie come out and set it up to your electrical system? right now i have comcast internet service with one main box and 4 dta boxes. I had no problem setting this up?  What i<m trying to say is there a self installation kit for installing infinity voice?  Thanks!

Expert

Re: can comcast voice be set up by oneself after purchasing needed telephony modem?

@Redfordl wrote:

Is there any reason why i cannot set up infinity voice service in my home after installing the compatible telephony modem?  I have an att telephone with  answering machine with main  or mster setup  with 3 remotes.  comcast tells me you have to have a techie come out and set it up to your electrical system? right now i have comcast internet service with one main box and 4 dta boxes. I had no problem setting this up?  What i<m trying to say is there a self installation kit for installing infinity voice?  Thanks!

I know of no official SIK for phone service, but since you already have double play, it may be the local franchise that's wanting to have the TECH install the new gateway and ensure it is provisioned correctly for your CDV.  And if you have an existing alarm system that would also be something the TECH should look at getting right the first time.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!