Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Voicemail alert?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Voicemail alert?

How do I know when I have a new voicemail message?  With my former provider, there was a different dial tone to alert you.

Expert

Re: Voicemail alert?

You will have a "studdertone" when you pickup the handset

You will have a visual indication on a phone that has a message waiting indicator

You will receive email messages that you have a voice mail, and you can get the text of the message in that email if you set it up properly in Xfinity Connect.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Voicemail alert?

Beginning a few days ago my phone says I have voicemail whether I do or not. The dial tone was intermittent, the caller ID display said I had voicemail, and the voicemail light on the handset was blinking. However, checking via *99 or the Comcast web site said there was no voicemail. Today those indications vanished and the system is normal.

My question: Is this a Comcast system problem, or could it be something to do with my handset? Phrased a different way, what is the mechanism that turns on the voicemail indications on my handset? Is it a notification system that tells the handset to blink and beep? Can the handset get stuck blinking and beeping?