Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Unintended phone block

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Unintended phone block

A good friend's phone, also on Comcast, has started giving the message "The number you dialed is not accepting calls from this number."  I see him on a regular basis, so I know that he did not intentionally block calls from my number. To reach him, I must send and e-mail and wait for a call back.  How could this have happened?  How can it be rectified?

New Poster

Re: Unintended phone block

You probably have blocked your caller ID information for the entire line, not just call by call, as you would by dialing*67. You may have dialed*82, which tells your phone to block your caller ID from any call you make. To rectify this, star 82 again
New Poster

Do you mean that I may have done it from my end, rather than he at his end?  If so, I should dial star 87? Or should he?

Valued Contributor

it could have been done on your end, he may have his phone set up to block calls that are blocking their caller ID.  To turn your caller ID on press *82 and that should fix everything 

New Poster

Land lines are working.  Thanks, all.