Community Forum

Unable to Access Comcast Voice Mail Online - Error DVC 111

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Unable to Access Comcast Voice Mail Online - Error DVC 111

Good morning;

Since a billing change on 08/03, I have not been able to access Comcast Voice Mail online through ANY browser or through the Xfinity iPhone App.  I've attempted online voicemail access on several different PCs and multiple browsers, all leading to either the following error messages;

'Sorry, voicemail is temporarily unavailable, we're working on fixing the problem now'

or

'Authentication Failed, We were unable to complete your request at this time.  Please try again.  [Error DVC-111]  (When accessing Voicemail through the Digital Voice Center)

None of my service options should have been changed, because of my long standing service with

Comcast, I was simply moved to the 'new' customer service pricing.  As this has been more than 3 weeks,

the 'temporary' unavailable message seems a bit moot.

After perusing the forums and not seeing a lot of assistance from either Comcast Phone or Chat support.  I decided to post here first and see if one of the kindly forum administrators would be able to assist with my issue.  However if it's required of me to contact phone support, I'd appreciate skipping over the script of 'rebooting, checking a different PC, or clearing your cache'.  This is beyond reasonable 1st level troubleshooting as from other posts, I've read this seems to relate to an account issue.  If I do need to contact Comcast via phone, simply provide the information I would need to get to the root cause of the issue. 

As always, any assistance is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. 

Looking forward to a response. 

Regards,

David S. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Unable to Access Comcast Voice Mail Online - Error DVC 111

for one whole year they cant get mine right......

what does this tell you?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Unable to Access Comcast Voice Mail Online - Error DVC 111

UPDATE

Seems as if my problem has been resolved, by of all things Comcast Phone Support

Called yesterday (8/21) at 6:45 PM.  Spoke to a CSR named Clint, who did not ask me to do the usual 1st level troubleshooting, took my error messages, and reset my password to log into my account and verify the problem I was having on his end.  He provided me with a Comcast ticket # and said I would be contacted in 24-48 hours. 

Fast forward to sometime this afternoon, while checking my email on the Xifinity Mobile App, I noticed that my email was prompting me for my password, and would not take what I had been using.  My suspicion is that Comcast reset my password again, but I have nothing factual to base this on.  However, upon returning home and resetting my password, Comcast Voice Mail is accessible on all devices and platforms. 

Thanks to Comcast for the resolution (even if it did take three weeks, a forum post and a call in to phone support)