Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Turn off Voice Mail

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Turn off Voice Mail

Anyone know how I can turn off the voice mail feature?  I do not want to use it.
Problem Solver

Re: Turn off Voice Mail

Is it that you want to use your own voice mail system, say like built-in to most phones? I have not figured out if disabling comcasts voice mail is something you can do or not, but what I do is set it to 9 rings and that can be done by clicking on Voice mail up at the top of this screen, and my voice mail system that is built in to my cordless phone I have it set to 6 rings  then it never goes to comcasts voice mail.

New Poster

Sounds like a good work around.  I will give it a try.

Thanks!
Problem Solver

Yeah thats only thing that I could find that works without actually calling comcast, im sure they can disable it on their end but I find just upping the rings to 9 so I can have my own voice mail built into my cordless phone kick in at 6 rings
New Poster

Exactly what I was looking for, and the first thing that came up during the search! I'll try it now!

Thank you.....
New Poster

Customer service can shut it off if you call them.....  I did.....
New Poster

I called Comcast and they turned it off permanently as I use an answering machine.

New Poster

Is there a way to turn off voice mail temporary by not calling Comcast? I don't want permanent turnoff.

Expert

alicechang wrote:

Is there a way to turn off voice mail temporary by not calling Comcast? I don't want permanent turnoff.

No