Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Tried Readable Voice Mail Now My Home Answering Machine Doesn't Pick Up

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Tried Readable Voice Mail Now My Home Answering Machine Doesn't Pick Up

I clicked on to try the readable voicemail. I have a home answering machine and it always picked up before Comcast voice mail did. But now my calls go directly to the readable voicemail and I don't like it. Sometimes it reads as nonsense words. I also cannot find the settings for how many rings for Comcast voicemail so I can make it higher than my own answering machine. I want to switch back to my home answering machine.
I've had SO many problems with Comcast/Exfinity Voice but this one is driving me crazy. Half the time I try to look at settings, I get an unavailable message. Sometimes they want me to get a PIN and when I try to go to the page it won't load and it goes nowhere. ARGH!

I'll not even go into the phones not working at random times and all my services getting reset constantly. Not a happy camper.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Tried Readable Voice Mail Now My Home Answering Machine Doesn't Pick Up

bjkgarden wrote:

I clicked on to try the readable voicemail. I have a home answering machine and it always picked up before Comcast voice mail did. But now my calls go directly to the readable voicemail and I don't like it. Sometimes it reads as nonsense words. I also cannot find the settings for how many rings for Comcast voicemail so I can make it higher than my own answering machine. I want to switch back to my home answering machine.
I've had SO many problems with Comcast/Exfinity Voice but this one is driving me crazy. Half the time I try to look at settings, I get an unavailable message. Sometimes they want me to get a PIN and when I try to go to the page it won't load and it goes nowhere. ARGH!

I'll not even go into the phones not working at random times and all my services getting reset constantly. Not a happy camper.

After you have logged into your Account online, goto VOICE & TEXT...Once there click on PREFERENCES...click on VOICE....click on ADVANCED CALL FORWARDING.... ensure your number is listed (added) and you can then change the number of rings to receive BEFORE the call is forwarded to the Comcast VoiceMail system....

And just prior to that, you can select the email notification as well for text transcripts of VM's....

-=Ray=-

Frequent Visitor

Re: Tried Readable Voice Mail Now My Home Answering Machine Doesn't Pick Up

Thank you! Done and done. I couldn't even acces the preferences for a while, though. I'm constantly having issues with all Comcast service.